[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
I had dumb idea.... - Community

I had dumb idea....

General news and information related to Mega Construx
My dumb Idea was to share our Fortnite names/gamertags and squad up and do memes, or play creative! It might be fun, so you could make an account and try it out. Anyway, I understand what you guys said about it, and I don't like the whole "copy Apex" idea AT ALL, but its the only Battle Royale with a story! The ROCKET, the CUBE, the Prisoner/Fire King, and this season, all the dig sites. If you haven't played in a while, maybe try it out, although I get it if you just don't like Battle Royale games, like Survivor11.

To be honest, I play and I like it. Please don't get mad! I know some people in this gallery must play sooooooo..........

Zarry plays a lot. I don’t.

To be honest I play little multiplayer games.

I played 7 times, and i hate fortnite

I hate it. It’s the most unoriginal game I’ve played. The day Apex Legends came out and brought never imagined ideas, they copied them. The genius ping system and respawning were introduced immediately. I’m sure they’ll try to implement supply ships and zip lines soon as well. Get your own ideas for once, only 7 year olds like games who can’t think anything for themselves.

*I just engaged rage mode, apologies*

If you enjoy the game, good on you. It's your opinion, so I'll respect it.

But for me, I have an immense appreciation for time and effort, and seeing as Fortnite has only stolen ideas, I absolutely hate it. After all, I do stop motions. I know what effort looks like, and there is none in that game.

But as I said, keep at it if you enjoy it.

Also, I'm sure your idea isn't dumb. Don't beat yourself up like that, that's my job.

Hang on, let me copy and paste one of my YouTube comments here:

I don't mind saying why I dislike Battle Royale severely.
First off: I don't suck at the gamemode (top 30 on my first Fortnite match ever). Let's get that one out of the way.
Now, I played a few Fortnite matches and I got bored, very quickly, as in 3 matches in, I was almost asleep.
I find it very repetitive:
-The same map.
-The same concentration points on said map where all the loot is at and everyone drops.
-Only your ranking and number of kills changes.

Wow. Such diversity.
I get it, some people don't mind repetitivety.
I do, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
Don't get me wrong, I also get bored of other games. My remedy for that is to switch up the genres from time to time.
However, Fortnite made me so bored in just those few matches that I cannot even stomach the thought of reinstalling the game.
Trust me, I haven't played BR in over a year and I still don't miss it.
If a game can't hold people's interest: It's objectively bad.
This is where we run into a debate: some people *do* find it interesting.
It's strange, but some people have an infinite patience.
Those that are still interested by BR but get bored of it switch to the next big BR.
This just do happens to be the large majority of players (AKA casuals).
There's no real point in making a BR mode, within a few months it'll be dead, even if it's exploding with life upon release.
It's the pattern I've noticed: PUBG, Fortnite, Apex: All of them were big for a bit, but know, they're all hitting a low. As in, I haven't heard anything significant other than a few ads here and there about them. Even Apex, which is fairly recent.
That is my final point: Battle Royales die much, much faster than other games.

P.S: By "die", I mean reach a fairly low count of players compared to previous numbers, not completely abandoned.

Also, I made this comment on a video about the possibility of Halo Battle Royale for context.
I'm including it here because it sums up my opinion too.

Return to “General discussion”