[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Video games vs real world - Community

Video games vs real world

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 pm
Yan_MCX wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Murple wrote: My theory is that little kids use this site (probably) and CoD is, well, CoD, so MCX didn’t really want those kids seeing the realistic guns and stuff. I bet I’m wrong, but, that’s my thought.
No comment.
Well hay, thanks for clearing some stuff up at least. Also hello MCX team member Yan. Haven't seen you before. I'd really have to leave it on a guess with real world parallels and how sensitive people can be about actual history these days. I mean, Halo has everything CoD has except the real world connections.
Yeah... Let's not dig into the Lore too deep...
Definitely no real world connections...

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 am
Remember nyet Russian
I mean, it's not like a Fascist and then later, Communist revolution in the 22nd and 23rd centuries were crushed mercilessly by the UEG (well, they kinda deserved it for bombing civilians).

Heck, let's not even get into the parallels between ONI and some shady stuff governments do IRL.

Halo totally has no real world links...

Survivor11 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:18 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Remember nyet Russian
I mean, it's not like a Fascist and then later, Communist revolution in the 22nd and 23rd centuries were crushed mercilessly by the UEG (well, they kinda deserved it for bombing civilians).

Heck, let's not even get into the parallels between ONI and some shady stuff governments do IRL.

I guess nobody really looks at Halo's extended lore when judging it. I got to play CE when I was 10 because it was "just killing aliens to save humanity", and man was that incorrect. CE is the reason I have an irrational fear of any Flood level in Halo. CoD on the other hand has you gunning down other humans, torture scenes, war crimes, extreme gore (older games), real life weapons, and multiple real-world battles. People tend to be far more likely to be upset over a realistic gun toy (CoD figures and their weapons) then a fictional gun toy (Halo/Destiny weapons and figures.) But yes, Halo has a TON of real world links. I agree on that. But most tend to take things at face value, and, well, Halo seems to hide a lot of that behind the "alien shoot-'em-up" design. CoD, not so much.

I agree with Red. And let’s not forget CoD WW2. WW2 was a nasty, bl00dy war. So let’s make a game where you get to reenact it in 4K first person!

RedThree wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:30 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Remember nyet Russian

I guess nobody really looks at Halo's extended lore when judging it. I got to play CE when I was 10 because it was "just killing aliens to save humanity", and man was that incorrect. CE is the reason I have an irrational fear of any Flood level in Halo. CoD on the other hand has you gunning down other humans, torture scenes, war crimes, extreme gore (older games), real life weapons, and multiple real-world battles. People tend to be far more likely to be upset over a realistic gun toy (CoD figures and their weapons) then a fictional gun toy (Halo/Destiny weapons and figures.) But yes, Halo has a TON of real world links. I agree on that. But most tend to take things at face value, and, well, Halo seems to hide a lot of that behind the "alien shoot-'em-up" design. CoD, not so much.
Exactly what I mean!

RedThree wrote:
Survivor11 wrote:
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Remember nyet Russian

I know quite a bit of the Halo lore. (Kinda been researching it due to the MV). The point, Is its not on display AND I cant point to the events in say 2300 in halo lore and say ya that actually happened and runs parallel to a real world event. Wile there's a lot of stuff in Halo lore based on ideas represented in non fiction, its not vital to the story in the Halo games. In call of duty, lets say Black Ops 1, the entire game is set in a real world setting, there is a fiction take on it but it grounds itself in realism and actual real events. The things that kinda made CoD great... before it started to suck.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 pm
RedThree wrote:
Survivor11 wrote:

I know quite a bit of the Halo lore. (Kinda been researching it due to the MV). The point, Is its not on display AND I cant point to the events in say 2300 in halo lore and say ya that actually happened and runs parallel to a real world event. Wile there's a lot of stuff in Halo lore based on ideas represented in non fiction, its not vital to the story in the Halo games. In call of duty, lets say Black Ops 1, the entire game is set in a real world setting, there is a fiction take on it but it grounds itself in realism and actual real events. The things that kinda made CoD great... before it started to suck.
I guess.

But I'll always remember that I was terrified of the elites face when I was a little kiddo during CE.
Nightmares galore !

Survivor11 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:16 pm
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 pm
RedThree wrote:

I guess.

But I'll always remember that I was terrified of the elites face when I was a little kiddo during CE.
Nightmares galore !
Combat evolved was best halo, much good.

Hey whadda know, mega moved part of a thread into its own thread.

Return to “General discussion”