[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Let's Drop the COD Line - Community

Let's Drop the COD Line

Builds & Discussions
Let's Replace the line with just Mega Construx Military. I know I can't be the only one that doesn't care for the name Call Of Duty and just wants Military sets. If that would help them make it cheaper and expand the scope of sets then by all means make it happen. Maybe we could get 5 figure trooper packs back with care-packages and the extra accessorizes you always used to get. The COD style of figure is their best style of figure yet. The Halo/Assassin's Creed/Star Trek/He-man size just limits the figures with the amount of detail they put in. Just take one look at the Destiny sets and you can see what we could've got for Halo. Now Just imagine with the name dropped they could put more effort where it counts. The signature Military figures and sets. Without the COD line I would've never started getting serious about Mega Bloks/Mega Construx so I pay respect to the team that brought the good sets from the 2013/2014 days of Mega Bloks Call Of Duty line. Back then when everything felt like a complete set instead of just buying pieces. Plus this could be their shot to redo the line since they kind of disrespected the line by not even putting on the worlds page.

The modern halo body type is fine.

This isn't entirely terrible but brand recognition is a major thing.

If it's so fine then why didn't destiny get the same treatment as Halo???
They need to re-brand themselves as the Savage type of bricks. Bricks Savages play with or at least have a dedicated sub genre like the hinted black series.

What does that even mean?

UnfriendlyPorcupine wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:43 am
If it's so fine then why didn't destiny get the same treatment as Halo???
They need to re-brand themselves as the Savage type of bricks. Bricks Savages play with or at least have a dedicated sub genre like the hinted black series.
Huh?

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:22 am
What does that even mean?
Basically I'm saying that they need to go back to bringing dope violent Military sets kind of like how they did with the black hawk. Remember how it had a different vibe back then? COD was way much more serious. Mega Construx has became more for like babies with these breakout beats, inventions lines. They need to go harder, more savage then before. Kind of like how GTA is savage with it's marketing. They get in trouble which helps them get in the news which intern gets them more attention which = more sales. If the line cost to much I say just drop it and give us more military sets just like the COD line but without the name. If it doesn't make much a difference in how much it cost then just keep it. But if it's hindering their expansion then drop dat joint.

I do agree somewhat as I prefered back before they added all the little missile shooters and play features.

I don't play the CoD games, but I have to respectfully disagree with this opinion. The CoD line would sell better than a generic "military" line. Why? Name recognition. If you take your average purchaser, not necessarily a collector, and they go to a store that has MCX sets, you're more likely to draw the eye of CoD players for one, and for those who don't play, they still would recognize the name.

And trying to go "harder and edgier" would likely hurt sales considering much of the audience, recommended ages notwithstanding, would likely be middle or high school students. Some may be getting them from their parents. Edgy likely isn't what's going to sell right now. Really, the name recognition I think is going to be a good thing. Predator. Hellboy. Aliens. Seems to me that they'd sell better than "hunter", "devil dude", and "extraterrestrial monster".

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:46 pm
I do agree somewhat as I prefered back before they added all the little missile shooters and play features.
^ this

However I don't think mega needs to get 'edgy' to be cool.

I do miss the old washes and detail in the old figs but I'd rather have articulation, and plastic quality, can't exactly have both without higher prices.

CoD has indeed included less and less but it's a necessary evil.

New molds keep coming out.

While I enjoy the the collectors side of things ultimately mega is a toy company not rockstar games.

Return to “Call of Duty”