[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Signal-to-Noise Ratio on the MCX Gallery… - Page 5 - Community

Signal-to-Noise Ratio on the MCX Gallery…

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Simek4 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:35 pm
*insert baby gurgle*
This makes me smile.

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Not because of the new users, but because of the floods. When i post, i get only a few comments. It discourages me. Vince does have quite a few points. One to three posts at a time, and try to group them together.
That is why I have thought about taking a break, I work a few weeks on a build, post it and within an hour someone has posted a bunch of one pic projects of the same thing that could have easily been one single post. I would love to see a one day cool down on submissions.

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 pm
Simek4 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:35 pm
*insert baby gurgle*
This makes me smile.
:)

I gotta say, it seems like there is a new user every week lately. I'm not going to say that's bad, on the contrary, it's good. It is just.......... overwhelming. I mean, I post my newest picture, which is very nice, and it is gone in an hour or two. Flooded by 15 or so new posts!

I think the real problem is new user post quality and grammar. I don’t look at half the stuff people post anymore, mainly do to bad grammar.

Murple wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 am
I think the real problem is new user post quality and grammar. I don’t look at half the stuff people post anymore, mainly do to bad grammar.
Bad grammar is inexcusable, but how great were your first posts?

nigelninja11 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:35 am
Murple wrote:
They were fantastic. Jk, but at least they had good grammar.

Murple wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 am
nigelninja11 wrote:
Murple wrote:
Actually your first posts were pretty great!

nigelninja11 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:40 am
Murple wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 am
nigelninja11 wrote:

Actually your first posts were pretty great!
Thanks!

I judge off of image quality normally. Grammar is irrelevant if your image is terribly blurry. When I joined I did a few posts spaced out and did my best to make them high quality. They hold up fairly decent, although my old phone camera plus the 3 gig limited resulted in some high quality images (size) being squished to fit the requirements.

(Shameless self promotion.) Feel free to look at my first posts. Also hilariously shows how little I knew about the halo lore. (Deadapace made me love flood as much as the flood made me love the flood... you get me)

Return to “General discussion”