[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Let's Drop the COD Line - Page 2 - Community

Let's Drop the COD Line

Builds & Discussions
The thing about the CoD line is that if push comes to shove, Mega could possibly get the license for any of the Tom Clancy inspired games (Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell) without much fuss and still use most of the same molds.

Elemaster wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:49 pm
I don't play the CoD games, but I have to respectfully disagree with this opinion. The CoD line would sell better than a generic "military" line. Why? Name recognition. If you take your average purchaser, not necessarily a collector, and they go to a store that has MCX sets, you're more likely to draw the eye of CoD players for one, and for those who don't play, they still would recognize the name.

And trying to go "harder and edgier" would likely hurt sales considering much of the audience, recommended ages notwithstanding, would likely be middle or high school students. Some may be getting them from their parents. Edgy likely isn't what's going to sell right now. Really, the name recognition I think is going to be a good thing. Predator. Hellboy. Aliens. Seems to me that they'd sell better than "hunter", "devil dude", and "extraterrestrial monster".
I agree name recognition is definitively a thing but it's no where close to the popularity it used to have back then when they first came out. Also why not mega just start doing both and see if the COD name really sells the toy or not. Launching both generic military brand and the COD line. I'm not saying to go crazy with violence but return it back to what it was, when it used to take itself seriously. Don't forget that controversy sells like crazy, so maybe mega construx just isn't getting much attention cuz it definitively got the better toy then that lame L3G0 who's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooo kid friendly.

Errex wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:12 am
The thing about the CoD line is that if push comes to shove, Mega could possibly get the license for any of the Tom Clancy inspired games (Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell) without much fuss and still use most of the same molds.
Oh yea or even Metal Gear Solid. There are so many things you could make from the molds already in the COD line. Dino Crisis, Resident Evil, PUBG, Fortnight, Counter Strike, Battlefield are just a few examples.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:06 am
However I don't think mega needs to get 'edgy' to be cool.

I do miss the old washes and detail in the old figs but I'd rather have articulation, and plastic quality, can't exactly have both without higher prices.

CoD has indeed included less and less but it's a necessary evil.

New molds keep coming out.

While I enjoy the the collectors side of things ultimately mega is a toy company not rockstar games.
I agree with you, it doesn't. It just needs to be itself. As for the plastic quality I definitively seen improvements like for some of the pegs and figures coming mostly reassembled but I also seen downgrades as well. The plastic is often way to hard to put together especially for the figures and glass pieces. The head molds are often too tight and the legs often are too hard to out on. If it weren't for olive oil I wouldn't be able to play with them without the ball joint ripping off. Also they started holing the eyes and not giving them 2 eye applications like how they used to which I see as a huge downgrade to the standard set by mega bloks.

Also why do you say "a necessary evil". Are you trying to say it's a necessary evil to take away both quality and quantity?

I agree new molds are definitively awesome, but they still have a lot of molds they could just repaint like a lot of the named characters

Mega definitely is a toy company but nostalgia sells. They have this stigma of being a knock off brick brand so they need something that makes them stand out, like doing things L3G0 won't do instead of trying to be more like them. Speaking of which I would really like to see them do GTA

UnfriendlyPorcupine wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:40 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:06 am
However I don't think mega needs to get 'edgy' to be cool.

I do miss the old washes and detail in the old figs but I'd rather have articulation, and plastic quality, can't exactly have both without higher prices.

CoD has indeed included less and less but it's a necessary evil.

New molds keep coming out.

While I enjoy the the collectors side of things ultimately mega is a toy company not rockstar games.
I agree with you, it doesn't. It just needs to be itself. As for the plastic quality I definitively seen improvements like for some of the pegs and figures coming mostly reassembled but I also seen downgrades as well. The plastic is often way to hard to put together especially for the figures and glass pieces. The head molds are often too tight and the legs often are too hard to out on. If it weren't for olive oil I wouldn't be able to play with them without the ball joint ripping off. Also they started holing the eyes and not giving them 2 eye applications like how they used to which I see as a huge downgrade to the standard set by mega bloks.

Also why do you say "a necessary evil". Are you trying to say it's a necessary evil to take away both quality and quantity?

I agree new molds are definitively awesome, but they still have a lot of molds they could just repaint like a lot of the named characters

Mega definitely is a toy company but nostalgia sells. They have this stigma of being a knock off brick brand so they need something that makes them stand out, like doing things L3G0 won't do instead of trying to be more like them. Speaking of which I would really like to see them do GTA
but quality has improved as someone has collected for years I know that, I have sets from 2010 and today 9 years and I'd rather buy modern sets because of the massive improvements in quality.

The modern halo figs are not all perfect I have had loose hands etc however they maintain their usability becuase rhey don't break nearly as easily because the plastic quality improved.

Improvements can be made in halo, quality control could be better.

Nothing is perfect.

Most issues with tight parts can be fixed with either sanding or just through use (breaking in the plastic)

They have to do paint applications by hand or with expensive machines it ain't cheap and these are mass produced withed extreme detail.

As for CoD you can blame any number of things.

Personally I like where CoD is right now lots of new molds, details, rubber pieces etc. Quality is not gone.

As for a GTA line? I don't know.

They are doing GoT but GTA is kinda in whole new ballpark its rated M.

That and it's been years since they released a game.

GTA is must if Mega wants to survive, They have done M rated games before like Call Of Duty and Halo. Do you realize how big GTA Mega Bloks would get?!?!? They could make sooooo many sets and there are soooooo many kids that play GTA like you would'nt expect it unless you knew. Heck I was one of them, I grew up on GTA. Plus with a new GTA game coming out, this is one of the smartest moves Mega Construx could make, especially since it's starting to loose it's identity. It's becoming more like L3G0 with it's non violence, the whole reason I even like Mega Bloks in the 1st place. There are sooooo many games they could make, it's insane. GTA 5 being one of the biggest if not a world recording breaking game in sales, just imagine if Mega could tap into that. Mega would Crush L3G0.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:32 pm
GTA is must if Mega wants to survive
I very much disagree.

For one, the GTA series has a very different kind of content to it than the other 'mature' series MCX already makes sets for. The kinds of things that aren't appropriate to discuss on this site.

Secondly, GTA isn't really a game that translates well to building toys. The vehicles are the only real selling point, and if there was any significant demand for that, Mega could just save themselves a lot of money on royalties and produce a bunch of civilian cars.

Thirdly, it's a very different kind of game to Mega's existing niche. There's no way to really tell if there would be enough interest in it for it to succeed. Making a GTA line would be a gamble, not a guarantee.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:32 pm
GTA is must if Mega wants to survive, They have done M rated games before like Call Of Duty and Halo. Do you realize how big GTA Mega Bloks would get?!?!? They could make sooooo many sets and there are soooooo many kids that play GTA like you would'nt expect it unless you knew. Heck I was one of them, I grew up on GTA. Plus with a new GTA game coming out, this is one of the smartest moves Mega Construx could make, especially since it's starting to loose it's identity. It's becoming more like L3G0 with it's non violence, the whole reason I even like Mega Bloks in the 1st place. There are sooooo many games they could make, it's insane. GTA 5 being one of the biggest if not a world recording breaking game in sales, just imagine if Mega could tap into that. Mega would Crush L3G0.
While a new GTA could be coming out (I’m not up to date on GTA stuff) I have not heard Talk about GTA compared to Halo Infinite and Modern Warfare.

basicusername wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:51 pm

While a new GTA could be coming out (I’m not up to date on GTA stuff) I have not heard Talk about GTA compared to Halo Infinite and Modern Warfare.
My friend you should check out youtube, there's literally people making enough money to live a comfortable life just talking about GTA 5especially with that new GTA 6 coming out. and that's just mainly the new stuff, there are also people making 5 million viewed videos just about GTA San andreas alone with all of the memes.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:19 pm
basicusername wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:51 pm

My friend you should check out youtube, there's literally people making enough money to live a comfortable life just talking about GTA 5especially with that new GTA 6 coming out. and that's just mainly the new stuff, there are also people making 5 million viewed videos just about GTA San andreas alone with all of the memes.
Please, do enlighten me on when GTA 6 was announced and when it will come out.
That's right, you got scammed by one of those fake, clickbait YouTubers (*cough* sernandoe *cough*)

Return to “Call of Duty”