[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Z19's General Discussion Room - Page 124 - Community

Z19's General Discussion Room

General news and information related to Mega Construx

nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:07 pm
Murple wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:44 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:29 pm
My dudes! Walmart is selling prop Prophet’s Bane Energy Swords for Halloween!

I bought one but I didn’t turn invisible...
HOW MUCH?! I got a normal sword there once, but a Prophet’s Bane?!
$9.98
Cool, that’s what I thought!

Okay this is really frustrating. So many new users are making pointless contests that have been done way too many times already. We all know that it’s possible to make a custom figure, wow! But seriously, these new users are turning contests from rare, fun events into monotonous, repetitive things. Please, don’t make contests to try to prove yourself. Contests used to be fun. If that’s the only thing we do here it gets very old very quickly. Please, listen to me.

Contests have become something that I don’t look forward to, no offense but it’s just not that fun anymore

Just lay off and give it some time.
They're new users. They just want to try and interact with the community here. Pushing them out just because they're trying to do that isn't healthy for this community. You can't be mad at a kid for wanting to do what others are doing. They'll stop after a while, and contests can go back to being sacred things that only roll around every so often. I honestly think that the whole debacle over the new users has been a little dumb. I mean, they're more than likely kids. We are on a kids site. Like the "Signal-to-Noise Ratio" thread is dumb to me. Why are we talking about new users like they're ruining the site? Give them some time, and they'll start to improve.

Red has a point, but I have a counter-point.

Having been a child at some point like we all have, and having that rare wisdom bestowed upon me that is growing up with people up to 14 years younger than me, I can honestly say, if a kid doesn't fail at something he shouldn't do, he's learning the wrong thing.
They shouldn't be spamming repetitive contests, yet, if they are successful in this, they will keep doing it.
Now here's the real catch: Most of you are afraid of telling them directly that they shouldn't do this.
BTW, posting it on the forums is not direct.
I've already commented a few times, but yeah, I'm not going to change anything.
If you guys keep joining the contests, they'll learn that contests are "popular" and they'll keep spamming them.
However, if we ignore them completely, by not commenting, not liking posts that we find are dull and repetitive, they'll stop much faster because they'll learn its not "popular".

Do you understand what I'm saying?

It's all about what they learn and not if they learn.

Well I tried to say something (completely kindly, may I add), but it never made it through moderation.

Uh Z...

can I make a good quality contest?

TheArbiter25 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:19 pm
Uh Z...

As in capability? Yes.

Have you yet? I can’t quite remember. But I’m sure you can.

Permission? I don’t know, maybe wait a few days?

Spartanz19 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 pm
TheArbiter25 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:19 pm
Uh Z...

As in capability? Yes.

Have you yet? I can’t quite remember. But I’m sure you can.

Permission? I don’t know, maybe wait a few days?
I was asking permission

Return to “General discussion”