[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Signal-to-Noise Ratio on the MCX Gallery… - Page 6 - Community

Signal-to-Noise Ratio on the MCX Gallery…

General news and information related to Mega Construx

I am all for new users, the more the merrier. I love to see it growing and really do not mind pics of a figure posed against a real world background. Some of those are even great pics. It just seems like some users are not aware they can post multiple pics in a single project and will fill up an entire page with their favorite figure posted all around their house.

While I have always said I do my comic for me first and foremost its also nice for people to see it before it vanishes. My comic story is centered around builds I want to do. My camera does drive me crazy because it seems to have such a shallow depth of field but I am trying to learn so there is more then one figure in focus on the image. My camera work can be poor.

There are a lot of builders on the site that I am amazed at and love looking at their builds. I tried to make a tank so many times and give up frustrated then someone posts a tank and its amazing. I could list so many names of people I love to look at their builds and many do not even post on the forums. In the end though, with real life commitments it can be hard to check every hour and I get lost in the 'I posed my figure' flood that happens. Then I run out of time and miss a story line.

If there could be a few galleries it might be better. Like a figure showcase gallery, A comic gallery, A halo gallery.. not sure how to divide them but the filters do not work as well. What filter do I put on my comic? There is not a line that mega has besides pokemon that is not used in my comic. I know there are those that do not want to see my comic since I was straight up told that. That is cool and its even understandable since I use various figs that look odd together. But how can you filter out my posts since I am using all the lines. I do not want to filter out to just comic and someone miss it that wanted to see it.

LishaThorne wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:08 pm
II know there are those that do not want to see my comic since I was straight up told that.
Who would say that? I love your comics and if I knew who said that, they’d be eviscerated.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 pm
LishaThorne wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:08 pm
II know there are those that do not want to see my comic since I was straight up told that.
Who would say that? I love your comics and if I knew who said that, they’d be eviscerated.
Yeah you’re series is great! Who told you that?!

I do not think that particular user is around anymore and honestly they were very non toxic about it, if that makes any sense. It was not hurtful. What I mean is its not for everyone but I really have no way of filtering my posts so others that might like it get filtered out accidentally since my posts are not line/world based.

Thanks for the complement though its is cool that people enjoy the story. I really think of the things I want to build and make the story around that. I just finished my next large build and will start shooting the pics soon.

I hate to think anyone might feel like they should not post something cause the MCX gallery is full of snobs. I might be the only one that thinks the filters do not really help that much though.

When I first posted I was nervous cause it was only Halo and CoD back then, but a lot of the users were welcoming and I would hate to lose that when it comes to new users.

Generally, as long as they abide by the rules, any user can post whatever they want, whenever they want, because it currently falls in the rules. Until the rules are changed we gotta work with what we get. Personally, I enjoy the series and comics, they show a lot of talent and creativity. Don't let your critics deter you: as long as people post anything on the internet, there will always be one/a few who just don't like it. Post away :)

YrkanesAbattoir wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:27 pm
Generally, as long as they abide by the rules, any user can post whatever they want, whenever they want, because it currently falls in the rules. Until the rules are changed we gotta work with what we get. Personally, I enjoy the series and comics, they show a lot of talent and creativity. Don't let your critics deter you: as long as people post anything on the internet, there will always be one/a few who just don't like it. Post away :)
... Except about 50% of what we post is blocked these days.

Mine were kind of bad.

:p

Murple wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 am
I think the real problem is new user post quality and grammar. I don’t look at half the stuff people post anymore, mainly do to bad grammar.
Oh man Look at my first post

The Illiteracy is astounding

Return to “General discussion”