[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Community Projects Planning Topic - Community

Community Projects Planning Topic

General news and information related to Mega Construx
A community project is different from a contest, although many new users can't really tell the difference. Take WhoThCares' Fox Battalion or my 405th open invitation as examples, if you will. With all the contests, we also need community specific events every now and then. Definitely not with the sheer volume of contests though. The contests already drown out regular posts anyway, which is why Ceta and I have both made posts asking to not have more and two contests a month.

I'm thinking we plan events around community milestones or real world NONPOLITICAL milestones (think like a new space landing or something).

We could also have events based around MCX milestones, like a new brand, or an innovative new part. Maybe an event could be a celebration of a certain theme, like a celebration of the Gallery's comics, or the Gallery's photographers.

Ideally, a community event post would be something other than clutter. Maybe if the event is centered around photography, everyone could get out of their comfort zone and try to take a compelling photograph.

Again though, this wouldn't be a contest, and we shouldn't constantly have community events going on. That's what the contest is for. If we always have a build and a custom contest going on, there will always be something to participate in. The community event should be special, unique, and RARE.

I can get behind this.
Dunno if my Easter hunt thing is actually a contest, come to think of it.

Might move it under community event.

My “Opposite War” will be a HEAVILY CONTAINED community event lasting from Oct. 31 to Nov. 14. Then there will be NO MORE OPPOSITE FIGHTS. The last thing this needs to turn into a war.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:22 am
My “Opposite War” will be a HEAVILY CONTAINED community event lasting from Oct. 31 to Nov. 14. Then there will be NO MORE OPPOSITE FIGHTS. The last thing this needs is to turn into a war.
Added the missing word.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 am
nigelninja11 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:22 am
My “Opposite War” will be a HEAVILY CONTAINED community event lasting from Oct. 31 to Nov. 14. Then there will be NO MORE OPPOSITE FIGHTS. The last thing this needs is to turn into a war.
Added the missing word.
Thanks

Critical, critical, critical......

Simek4 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:09 pm
"Daniel, daniel, daniel... If you intend to make puns with your music teacher... you should make sure they "measure" up..."

SpartanGregor113 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:52 pm
Simek4 wrote:
"Daniel, daniel, daniel... If you intend to make puns with your music teacher... you should make sure they "measure" up..."
That was a sour note.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:23 pm
SpartanGregor113 wrote:
Simek4 wrote:
That was a sour note.
I'm sorry. Am I... "treble"ing you?

SpartanGregor113 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:24 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:23 pm
SpartanGregor113 wrote:

That was a sour note.
I'm sorry. Am I... "trebling" you?
No, only "partition"ing my point of view.

Return to “General discussion”