[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Z19's General Discussion Room - Page 149 - Community

Z19's General Discussion Room

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Woop woop!

We need to raise Boxing Day awareness.

JoeFilms wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:06 pm
Woop woop!

Boxing day is super cool because it revolves around people boxing up goods and giving them to the needy!

Simek4 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:13 pm
JoeFilms wrote:
Woop woop!

Boxing day is super cool because it revolves around people boxing up goods and giving them to the needy!
*Cough*

Sure...

*Cough*

It's not like all everyone does is spend the day on the toilet suffering from indigestion.

Survivor11 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:07 pm
Simek4 wrote:
JoeFilms wrote:
Woop woop!

*Cough*

Sure...

*Cough*

It's not like all everyone does is spend the day on the toilet suffering from indigestion.
Hey! Don't knock it. That happens to some, you know....

Simek4 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:18 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:07 pm
Simek4 wrote:

*Cough*

Sure...

*Cough*

Hey! Don't knock it. That happens to some, you know....
You really don't want to know how accurate my depiction is.

Ignorance is bliss.

Okay, forget it.

I tried, but Thanksgiving won’t upload. Looks like you get the Sparknotes version.

The Fierce Deity shows Joe a bunch of fond memories relating to Mega Construx and stop motion (Chris, 3DS, first phone) and then shows him Winters. Joe seems disappointed to see Winters so the Fierce Deity confronts him about it.

Joe says that Winters feels like an obligation, due to how long it has been holding the rest of the Mega-Verse back, and that he is disappointed in the poor overall quality of the comic and low view count. The Fierce Deity tells Joe that this is the real issue, and the lights go out with only one massive light illuminating them from behind.

The Fierce Deity then unloads into Joe, berating Joe’s selfish nature and lack of care for the project and community. The Fierce Deity tells Joe that he loved all of the older memories because he loved doing it, and wasn’t concerned about views. The Fierce Deity tells Joe to “stop pretending. Be a man and fess up or leave the community behind and don’t look back, they’ll understand anyways. But if you still care about it, change your freaking attitude and get with it” (The Fierce Deity, from a future episode of “Thanksgiving”). Joe says that he still cares about the community and wants to come back but doesn’t know how, and the Fierce Deity tells him (Fierce Deity dialogue in red, Joe dialogue in blue) to “Look at Winters. Winters and the community are the same, you know. Can you tell me, what’s your current state in the comic?’ ‘I... I’m dead.’ ‘So you are. And tell me, Joe. Did Winters give up on you? Even after you were beyond the point of no return?’ ‘No...’ ‘So do you think the community gave up on you? Do you think they ever will?’ (Thanksgiving, future upload) Joe looks up, surprised. The Fierce Deity tells Joe that he knows what to do, and the lights cut back on. When they do, the Fierce Deity is gone, leaving Joe in the empty studio.

Joe turns to the reader once again, and shakily re-introduces himself. He apologizes, first to the reader, then to the community for abandoning them, and lastly to the other members of the Mega-Verse, for holding them back for so freaking long.

So... yeah.

I portrayed Joe as a selfish douchebag in this comic, because that’s what I’ve been. The Fierce Deity in this comic represents realization, the realization that all of the “problems” keeping me from the community, they were just me being selfish. So I want to say a couple more things before you go:

I’m sorry. For a number of things.

1: Well it would have been much better if you could see this in comic form, so I’m sorry the comic won’t work. But onto the real stuff.

2: I have a role in this community. I comment on every post. And I know, someone’s gonna say “Well Joe, you don’t have to. You shouldn’t feel pressured to.” Well shut up. Yes, I do have to. It’s what I do. It’s my job. I can’t go around acting like the same Joe if I’m not the same Joe, and I’m sorry.

3: I’ve been very selfish to this website. I’ve still been checking the Discord, and watching some stop motions on YouTube, but I feel like I’ve given this site the least amount of attention. I can’t do that, it’s not okay.

4: I’v been doing a lot of other stuff recently. Totally unnecessary stuff, and I’ve been neglecting the community. That’s not okay. And I know someone is gonna say “Joe, it’s really fine, dude.” No. It’s not. I need to be active here. I can’t really explain quite why, but it’s my job. I can’t just forget about it, I can’t just ignore it.

5: Most of all, I am so, so sorry to my fellow collaborators in the Mega-Verse. I have single-handedly held the Antares event back for literal months, and that’s not okay. Whatever excuses there are out there, it doesn’t matter. Nato, Sabree, Green, Charlie, and Gregor: I am so, so sorry. I have been a jerk and a douchebag. Winters will resume soon. We have a Temple to take.

Now I don’t want to see anyone saying “It’s okay, Joe.” It’s not. Don’t lie to me, and don’t lie to yourself. This is not okay. You can forgive me, or not forgive me, you have the right to do whichever you choose. I just want to apologize, and let you know that I have had a complete attitude change. I’m gonna stop pretending to be a filmmaker. It’s time to actually do it.

I’m sorry, my friends.

Holy cr*p Joe.

Life sucks man, I get it. I also cannot fathom what goes on in the process of making Mega-Verse, but to me, it seems like you are verbally ab*sing yourself over something that no one has been upset about, and that’s not ok.

Step back, reflect on what you need to do to complete Winters. Is it too much, or you flat just don’t want to do it? Fine, just don’t. Let Nato or Sabree post about what generally happened and move on. I don’t know if anyone noticed, but I never finished Blast from the Past. That’s cause I didn’t have the mental capacity to continue that story. It happens.
If you have the capacity to finish, then sit down, finish it, and then take a break for a couple months. None of us will blame you for what you choose.

Again, this is taken in the context of someone outside the Mega-Verse.

Well, I'm not going to be 'that guy' and tell you it's all okay, because you're right, it's not. Hence why I've taken the time to nag you every now and again on the other forum, because I'm that guy.

But I don't think you're selfish. I certainly don't think you're a jerk. And I definitely don't think it's all your fault.

It's natural to feel burned out, to take a break and procrastinate because the thing you started doing for fun has started to feel like a job instead of a hobby. I've got a backlog of about eighty chapters in need of captions, and still haven't bothered despite your delays giving me all the time in the world.

More than that, though, I'm absolutely not going to blame you for feeling down and dejected when time after time, you've spent untold hours pouring your heart and soul into projects only for them to be knocked back for no good reason.

The fact that your posts apologising for not posting because posts aren't getting through also didn't make it past moderation is testament to the underlying issue here.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:12 pm
Holy cr*p Joe.

Life sucks man, I get it. I also cannot fathom what goes on in the process of making Mega-Verse, but to me, it seems like you are verbally ab*sing yourself over something that no one has been upset about, and that’s not ok.

Step back, reflect on what you need to do to complete Winters. Is it too much, or you flat just don’t want to do it? Fine, just don’t. Let Nato or Sabree post about what generally happened and move on. I don’t know if anyone noticed, but I never finished Blast from the Past. That’s cause I didn’t have the mental capacity to continue that story. It happens.
If you have the capacity to finish, then sit down, finish it, and then take a break for a couple months. None of us will blame you for what you choose.

Again, this is taken in the context of someone outside the Mega-Verse.
No, no no no no. Hold up.

Life doesn’t suck. That’s the point. I was acting like everything sucked, and everything didn’t. I already did my reflections, my friend. That’s why I started the Thanksgiving comic. I was just getting too upset about something that didn’t matter.

I mean my freaking comics weren’t uploading which was a real issue but we won’t talk about that.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm
Well, I'm not going to be 'that guy' and tell you it's all okay, because you're right, it's not. Hence why I've taken the time to nag you every now and again on the other forum, because I'm that guy.

But I don't think you're selfish. I certainly don't think you're a jerk. And I definitely don't think it's all your fault.

It's natural to feel burned out, to take a break and procrastinate because the thing you started doing for fun has started to feel like a job instead of a hobby. I've got a backlog of about eighty chapters in need of captions, and still haven't bothered despite your delays giving me all the time in the world.

More than that, though, I'm absolutely not going to blame you for feeling down and dejected when time after time, you've spent untold hours pouring your heart and soul into projects only for them to be knocked back for no good reason.

The fact that your posts apologising for not posting because posts aren't getting through also didn't make it past moderation is testament to the underlying issue here.
And thanks, Nato. Well said.

Return to “General discussion”