[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
I've Noticed Something About The Assault Rifles - Community

I've Noticed Something About The Assault Rifles

General news and information related to Mega Construx
So, I was checking out the Halo sets in the product section, and I noticed something different about a particular weapon. It seems the MCX team has changed the assault rifle mold to the older, bigger, uglier one. Why have they done this? Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if they just use this for the display pictures (as they have pulled stunts like that before.)

Tortilla wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:42 pm
So, I was checking out the Halo sets in the product section, and I noticed something different about a particular weapon. It seems the MCX team has changed the assault rifle mold to the older, bigger, uglier one. Why have they done this? Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if they just use this for the display pictures (as they have pulled stunts like that before.)
It’s the Reach AR design. They’re not changing the design, don’t worry!

"The older, bigger, uglier one" is exactly how I'd describe the Reach AR in general. XD

But yeah, they just use that mould for Reach themed sets. No reason to worry! :)

RedThree wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:15 pm
"The older, bigger, uglier one" is exactly how I'd describe the Reach AR in general. XD

But yeah, they just use that mould for Reach themed sets. No reason to worry! :)
I like the reach design!

Simek4 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:54 pm
I like the reach design!
Same here. It needs to be slightly scaled down, though.

i like the old assault rifle from time to time i think we need different variants and models, and don't mind classic oldskool stuff the only weapon i hate is the halo 3 style shotgun they have its cheap and is too thin, i wouldn't mind a return to a bulkier shotgun as long as its not too bulky

Simek4 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:54 pm
RedThree wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:15 pm

I like the reach design!
when people say reach i think "realistic", but i think i agree i like detail aswell

I don't mind the looks, but the rifle doesn't fit well with the figure.

Yeah the rifle looks really nice, but I honestly found that the older rifles are notably over sized compared to the figures. These ones work perfectly. Same can be said for most of their earlier weapon designs. Shotguns, SMGs, ect.

charliebucket wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:08 am
Yeah the rifle looks really nice, but I honestly found that the older rifles are notably over sized compared to the figures. These ones work perfectly. Same can be said for most of their earlier weapon designs. Shotguns, SMGs, ect.
You have to admit that there is just a bit of nostalgia surrounding those giant oversized shotguns from 2009, though. I think the tactical shotguns and the original gen 2 shotguns are the best though. I'm not really a fan of the super thin Halo 3 style ones we are getting now. The barrels on the super thin ones like to break if you pick them up the wrong way.

Return to “General discussion”