[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Shlub's Book Club (General Literature Discussion) - Page 3 - Community

Shlub's Book Club (General Literature Discussion)

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I have only one thing to say:

Life = 42

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:37 am
I have only one thing to say:

Life = 42
If only we knew the question . . .

I want to buy the book "The Flood", I loved Combat Evolved and the book is an amazing recreation of it with more details!
I've already read it 3 times.

TheMegaContruxtors wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:11 am
Percy Jackson, Beyonders, Animorphs, Five Kingdoms, Fablehaven
Still waiting for the next five kingdoms book. I swear, I have to reread all of them when a new one comes out because I keep forgetting what's happened.

Also,
I love Beyonders.

I hope to make a Finnick Odair figure.

Favorite Hunger Games character in my favorite MAF form.

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:34 pm
I hope to make a Finnick Odair figure.

Favorite Hunger Games character in my favorite MAF form.
As far as modern young adult Dystopia fiction is concerned, the Hunger Games series is better than most of the other books in it's genre. I prefer the older Dystopia style books though, notably Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (true adult Dystopia) and Devil on my Back by Monica Hughes.

I actually can't gush enough about Devil on my Back. It's a children's (probably written for ages 14-16) book from the 80s that's a much better read as an adult despite the child comprehension friendly diction, especially if you are the sort of person who likes to read deeply into books and find the underlying meaning and symbolism. I won't get into heavy spoilers, because I recommend everyone buy a copy and read it (although you can skip the sequel, Dreamcatcher, which gets more into Sci-Fi Fantasy territory and strays from the message of the original book).

The society in the book is broken up into four classes: Lords, Workers, Soldiers, and Slaves; all of whom live inside a domed mega-city named "Arc One." Three of the four social classes in the society have large, unwieldy computers surgically implanted into their necks, called "infopaks." The fourth class, the "Slaves," consist of the Humans whose bodies rejected the surgery and the infopaks. The "Lords" are a small group of people whose minds can withstand dozens of infopaks socketed into their necks. The "Workers" are only capable of handling the select few infopaks that allow them to do their various jobs, and the "Soldiers" are simply there to keep the Slaves and Workers in line, and can handle the same number of infopaks as the workers. You can probably figure out the meaning of the book's title by reading this paragraph, by the way.

I can't really talk about anything else in the book without spoiling something important, so I'll just says that you guys should totally read it.

Divergent Vibes.

And i'm finally halfway through that book.

Cinimod64 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:07 pm
I want to buy the book "The Flood", I loved Combat Evolved and the book is an amazing recreation of it with more details!
I've already read it 3 times.
I'm actually reading that right now! I've also read Contact Harvest and Combat Evolved. What was your favorite part in CE?

I’m currently reading Contact Harvest.

Every time I tell myself that shipping AIs is bad Halo throws me a curveball

Hm. Frankly I wasn’t a huge fan of Fahrenheit 451, but that’s just me.

I’ve never been one to read very long book series, I’m more of an individual book guy myself. But I have read the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings series. I don’t think I need to say how good those were.

Thinking of an individual book off the top of my head, hm. Timeline was a good read, and it’s pretty quick and easy.

Oh, one thing I will say. I know Shakespeare plays are generally looked at as overrated (and in some cases I totally agree) Hamlet was really good. If you haven’t read Hamlet yet, you’ll probably read it later in school but man is that a classic.

Return to “General discussion”