[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Help with Destiny 2 - Community

Help with Destiny 2

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Hey guys, I need some help with an intro to Destiny 2. I'm interested in playing, but I'm a bit confused. can someone explain the campaign for me?

As someone who played Destiny 2 through some of its best moments and some of its worst moments until last season, don't bother. Get Destiny 1. Be sure to buy it digitally, however, as none of the discs are valid anymore. Destiny 2 won't respect your time or your money, and asks for exponentially more of both with each update. Destiny 1, on the other hand, is a solid game that, while lacking some of the improvements made in D2 (like the director, planetary vendors, more integrated campaigns, etc) actually has more high quality features than D2.

If you end up buying D2, the campaign order is: Red War -> Curse of Osiris -> Warmind -> Forsaken -> Shadowkeep -> Whatever the current season is (they remove all previous paid seasonal content from the game when the next season starts. This included all game modes, story content, and missions released for that season)

If you decide to buy Destiny 1: The Collection:BUY IT DIGITALLY The download codes inside the disc cases are all expired. Also, all the money you save by buying D1 can be spent on a ton of Mega. Seriously, all of the money I spent on D2 could probably buy me a UNSC Mammoth.

Shlub, D2 is free to play now, although I must agree : Don't waste your money on D2.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:48 am
Shlub, D2 is free to play now, although I must agree : Don't waste your money on D2.
D2 has made itself and all DLCs free. It’s also not pay-to-win as most would say.

Plus D1’s servers are in such disrepair it barely runs.

I also explained the beginning of the Campaign, but it got deleted. :(

I’ll put it back up:

After Destiny 1, everything is fantastic at the Tower. Everyone’s happy. You’re running ops. It’s great!

Whoops! Here comes Ghaul. He’s here to steal your light, the thing that gives you the ability to respawn. You try to take him on. You fail. You get yeeted off the ship.

You travel for days and meet up with Hawthorne. She gives you a ship, and you fly to a big fallen chunk of the Traveler, the thing that makes the light.

Whoops! You got your light back! Now go smash Ghaul right in his stupid face!!

nigelninja11 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:29 am
Survivor11 wrote:
D2 has made itself and all DLCs free. It’s also not pay-to-win as most would say.

Not all DLC....

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:51 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:
Survivor11 wrote:

Not all DLC....
I’m playing Shadowkeep for free. No I don’t have the season pass.

Thanks, guys! This was really helpful.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:24 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:51 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:

Not all DLC....
I’m playing Shadowkeep for free. No I don’t have the season pass.
Only the first mission.
I know because I played that one too and it didn't let me go any further.

Return to “General discussion”