[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
A beginning for everythings - Community

A beginning for everythings

Tips & Tricks
Sup everyone, i'm a frensh student and i decide to start doing custom of halo mega Block cause i love them BUT i have no expériences and so if you can tell me what i should use for cleaning, painting or else, your welcome !

And also i saw that 3d painting is great to get helmet or armor but i can't find seller in France or in EU so the prize become expansive and i don't really want to buy 5€ an helmet. So again if you can help me, it could be cool.

So sorry for my english, i repeat i'm frensh, hope someone reply.

MrStup wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:29 am
Sup everyone, i'm a frensh student and i decide to start doing custom of halo mega Block cause i love them BUT i have no expériences and so if you can tell me what i should use for cleaning, painting or else, your welcome !

And also i saw that 3d painting is great to get helmet or armor but i can't find seller in France or in EU so the prize become expansive and i don't really want to buy 5€ an helmet. So again if you can help me, it could be cool.

Hello! I have been painting the Mega figures for about three to four years, so I have learned a few things.

First off, I would recommend buying paint that is not very expensive. If you buy a bunch of expensive paint, then later decide the hobby is not for you, you just lost a lot of money!

Second, before painting the figure, an under color will really help. I usually paint the entire figure black or grey before painting it the color I want the final result to be.

Third, a clean and smooth paint job requires many small layers. A lot of people try to rush their paint jobs by putting a lot of paint on the figure at once. A smooth paint job could require 4 to 5 different layers.

And lastly, fine detail comes with practice. Only recently have I become confident with small detail. It takes a small brush and lots of skill. Once you are complete with the figure, I would recommend applying a clear coat to seal the paint and make sure it will not scrape off of the figure.

I hope these tips are helpful. Painting is a difficult hobby. Do not be discouraged if your work does not come out as you want it to. Just keep practicing and you will accelerate. Good luck!

P.S. welcome to our gallery!

Spartanz19 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:36 am
MrStup wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:29 am

Hello! I have been painting the Mega figures for about three to four years, so I have learned a few things.

First off, I would recommend buying paint that is not very expensive. If you buy a bunch of expensive paint, then later decide the hobby is not for you, you just lost a lot of money!

Second, before painting the figure, an under color will really help. I usually paint the entire figure black or grey before painting it the color I want the final result to be.

Third, a clean and smooth paint job requires many small layers. A lot of people try to rush their paint jobs by putting a lot of paint on the figure at once. A smooth paint job could require 4 to 5 different layers.

And lastly, fine detail comes with practice. Only recently have I become confident with small detail. It takes a small brush and lots of skill. Once you are complete with the figure, I would recommend applying a clear coat to seal the paint and make sure it will not scrape off of the figure.

I hope these tips are helpful. Painting is a difficult hobby. Do not be discouraged if your work does not come out as you want it to. Just keep practicing and you will accelerate. Good luck!

P.S. welcome to our gallery!
Thanks a lot for all this tips, i have some old acrylic paint from my dad i think it will do the job !
Do someone know where i can find tutorial for the details or else ?
Also what about the 3d print of body piece ?
Really appreciate your reply !

Traduction complète pour que tu comprennes mieux:

<< Salut! Cela fait 3 ou 4 années que je peins des figurines mega construx, donc je m'y connais un peu.

D'abord, je recommande d'acheter initialement de la peinture qui n'est pas très chère, car si tu décides que le loisir n'est pas pour toi, ben alors t'as gâché beaucoup d'argent pour de la peinture chère que tu n'utiliseras pas.

Deuxièmement, il faut préparer la figurine en la peignant d'une seul couleur, typiquement du gris ou du noir.

Troisièment, une bonne figurine peinte requiert plusieurs petites couches de détails, appliquées une seule a la fois, beaucoup de gens essaient d'aller trop vite et ainsi ruinent la figurine. Ceci peut être typiquement entre 4 et 5 couches.

Et finalement, les détails fins viennent avec la pratique, seulement récemment ai-je maîtrisé la petite brosse pour les détails fins. C'est une très petite brosse donc ça nécessite beaucoup d'expérience et donc pas mal de maîtrise. Une fois la figurine peinte, il est aussi très utile d'appliquer une fine couche de vernis transparent pour que la peinture ne s'enlève pas avec le temps (fait ceci avant de réassembler toutes les pièces).

J'espère que ces indices sont utiles. Peindre est un loisir difficile. Ne soit pas découragé si ton boulot ne finit pas comme tu l'espérais. Continue à pratiquer et tu iras plus vite avec le temps.

P.S: Bien venu à notre gallérie ! >>
~ spartanZ19

3 things:
warhammer, Warhammer, WARHAMMER!

Thelvadamee132 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:50 am
3 things:
warhammer, Warhammer, WARHAMMER!
This has nothing to do with what he asked.

still. It is really useful. And the three things are: terrain (warhammer), pieces (Warhammer), and Paints (WARHAMMER). And i'm not much help when it comes to painting, because i'm not very good myself

here is something that might help: A way to make your own molds, so that you can practice your painting without having to accidentally mess up on the real figure.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5348

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”