[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Infinite Marines using CoD molds making them taller? :s - Page 2 - Community

Infinite Marines using CoD molds making them taller? :s

Builds & Discussions
Guys just give them about a year or two to make the spartans bigger, ie that will make it so that older spartans can be s3s or 4s who are short as in canon there are short spartans like that. Or hire that one user who makes spartans huge somehow which i still have not figured out how he does it.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:55 pm
I'll just share this comment from Yan MCX on Discord here to officially put the debate to rest.

Design team wanted to make the marines more customizable, so they used the existing leg pieces from our COD bank, which results in a slightly taller figure. It's not ideal, but we thought the difference was subtle and offset by the benefit of added customizability

Hopefully it's not a dealbreaker for the fans, but I understand it's weird to have marines taller than spartans.
That is so stupid!!! It's such a dealbreaker for me. I will most likely not get the Warthog or the Gungoose. I was looking forward to the marine in series 12, but this makes me want to skip it.

WhoThCares wrote: Guys just give them about a year or two to make the spartans bigger, ie that will make it so that older spartans can be s3s or 4s who are short as in canon there are short spartans like that. Or hire that one user who makes spartans huge somehow which i still have not figured out how he does it.
That's not accurate. There's nothing making the Spartan-III's and Spartan-IV's objectively shorter. It's just that Chief and Jorge alongside other popular Spartan-II's are taller than average. An example is that Spartan-IV Carlo Hoya is taller than both Linda and Kelly, the same height as Fred, and only an inch shorter than Chief. Not to mention specific characters in the past have been from different generations. After all, the OG Mega Bloks Spartans were Spartan-II's, and those are the shortest figures. See, that doesn't necessarily work.

Community Team
Hey everyone.

I encourage you to speak out if you feel strongly about the design of our products, whether it's positive or negative. Just remember not to let it turn into personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's okay to disagree.

We knew this would be a controversial decision. The difference in height is a few millimetres and it's not the first time we've had to cheat on scale a little bit. That's the challenge of doing a construction line using a system of standard parts.

This is not necessarily a permanent change. The design team is listening and already exploring other options.

At the end of the day,

it's a toy. I don't expect a toy to be perfect.

^ Ditto

But if we're talking suggestions, I'd like to point out that the CoD pouches fit perfectly over the legs used by Assassin's Creed/MCX Heroes figures. Using those instead would have given the extra customisability without compromising the scale.

On that note, the leg armour used by brute figures also fits on Cod legs, so swapping those is a great way to give brutes a little extra height.

Mega construx pls read this!!! We want cod back!!! Well I do I've been getting bored of halo. Some people want new sets to come out. Wheres the worlds page? Just bring cod back now is the perfect time and you're focusing on dry halo.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:02 pm
^ Ditto

But if we're talking suggestions, I'd like to point out that the CoD pouches fit perfectly over the legs used by Assassin's Creed/MCX Heroes figures. Using those instead would have given the extra customisability without compromising the scale.

On that note, the leg armour used by brute figures also fits on Cod legs, so swapping those is a great way to give brutes a little extra height.
^ This 100%. I'd much rather Marines go back to their previous scale, Spartans stay the same, and throw those Cod legs on the brutes. That'd be perfect, honestly

DravenG wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 pm
Just bring cod back now is the perfect time and you're focusing on dry halo.
The focus is on Halo because it's an absolutely massive year for Halo. The Master Chief Collection has come to PC, allowing new players to experience the whole series for the first time, and with improved graphics. Not to mention that the long-awaited Halo Infinite is coming out this year as well.

Halo is a beloved franchise with a long, enduring legacy in the gaming community, whereas Call of Duty squeezes out an obligatory, underwhelming entry pretty much every year. It's nothing new or special.

Yan_MCX wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 pm
Hey everyone.

I encourage you to speak out if you feel strongly about the design of our products, whether it's positive or negative. Just remember not to let it turn into personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's okay to disagree.

We knew this would be a controversial decision. The difference in height is a few millimetres and it's not the first time we've had to cheat on scale a little bit. That's the challenge of doing a construction line using a system of standard parts.

This is not necessarily a permanent change. The design team is listening and already exploring other options.
Thanks for the communication, Yan! I can definitely see and understand the approach the design team took in making the Marines more customizable. I honestly think using different heads and shoulder armor is enough to differentiate individual figures from one another, without resorting to the game-breaking CoD parts. Glad to hear the team is listening. :)

Return to “Halo”