[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Infinite Marines using CoD molds making them taller? :s - Page 3 - Community

Infinite Marines using CoD molds making them taller? :s

Builds & Discussions
Yan_MCX wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 pm
Hey everyone.

I encourage you to speak out if you feel strongly about the design of our products, whether it's positive or negative. Just remember not to let it turn into personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's okay to disagree.

We knew this would be a controversial decision. The difference in height is a few millimetres and it's not the first time we've had to cheat on scale a little bit. That's the challenge of doing a construction line using a system of standard parts.

This is not necessarily a permanent change. The design team is listening and already exploring other options.
Personally I'm fine with taller marines. However I feel as though Spartans, brutes, and elites should also be scaled up to match. Instead of increasing set prices by using new molds and such a new line of properly scaled figures with even better articulation could be made. Core Fall on Instagram has a pretty good idea of what I mean. Personally I would kill for bigger Spartans and a new elite head design

Spartans should be taller than Marines. Brutes should be larger than Spartans. I feel like Mega made a mistake when they introduced the super-poseable, collector body type to Halo figures. They had a chance to make the Halo line match the Call of Duty line, which first utilized these new style bodies. At least, they could have utilized the CoD scale for the Spartans.

When new-style bodied Brutes were introduced into the line, they should have been on larger bodies. The Mega Destiny line had oversized Cabal figures. The Brutes shouldn't have been that large, but something noticeably larger than the one-size-fits-all Halo body would have been nice. While the idea of interchangeable armor is cool for each faction, I highly doubt anyone is switching Brute and human armor back and forth, so that wouldn't have been an issue. But to keep everything universal, Brutes are now shrunk down. Marines and Spartans are the same size or have their height relationship reversed. At least Elites are tall and Grunts are short.

I think one of the reasons for not creating accurate scale differences is Mega didn't want to have to invest in a whole lot of new bricks needed to rethink the sizing of vehicles. If Spartans get larger, the Warthog will have to get larger. And the existing windshield piece will have to be scrapped and a new one take its place. Now factor in all the other standard pieces and sizing for vehicle footprints which need to be redone. It would have been costly, but it would have created a more interesting scaling across the line.

The whole scaling of Spartans, Marines, and Brutes has created a mess for the line in my opinion. I don't even want to buy Brutes from the line anymore. I feel like they don't have a unique identity. Maybe if they were at least noticeably wider than the humans in the line.

Ashtalon wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:57 pm
I highly doubt anyone is switching Brute and human armor back and forth, so that wouldn't have been an issue.
You should check out the gallery. People swap all kinds of parts, all of the time.

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:16 am
GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:46 pm
The legs are 100% confirmed cod legs. I’ve seen a picture made by HFFL comparing the marine and Mark VII from HHS12 and the new marines are definitely taller. I couldn’t tell you where to find it, as I only saw it through Discord.
Sigh. I think not. The waist piece on that comparison is riding high up, and the body with it
Oh, I think so. Whatever you may be seeing or not seeing in those pics, I can guarantee you, the Marine Sniper is taller.
Look at my screen name before you protest. I am HFFL.

Take it from someone who collects Transformers.

Scale is irrelevant!

HaloFanForLife wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:16 am
81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:16 am
GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:46 pm
The legs are 100% confirmed cod legs. I’ve seen a picture made by HFFL comparing the marine and Mark VII from HHS12 and the new marines are definitely taller. I couldn’t tell you where to find it, as I only saw it through Discord.
Sigh. I think not. The waist piece on that comparison is riding high up, and the body with it
Oh, I think so. Whatever you may be seeing or not seeing in those pics, I can guarantee you, the Marine Sniper is taller.
Look at my screen name before you protest. I am HFFL.
Yeah. I have to agree. The evidence is stacked against me lol. Nice review 👍🏻

Simple alternatives can be incorporated.

-Swivel feet molds for Spartans possibly the most expensive new mold making but the simplest and a more innovated design.

-Spartan Torsos taller similar to destiny molds. Modified Destiny upper legs molds (sanded down to fit armor slots) can also help produce an even standing.

etc. In fact, lets spend the rest of this thread discussion talking about alternatives instead of complaining to be more constructive. :)

Eh, I couldn't care less. Whatever design choices MEGA has planned or implemented I'm on board.

Zarry wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:53 pm
Eh, I couldn't care less. Whatever design choices MEGA has planned or implemented I'm on board.
^

Spartanz19 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:58 pm
Zarry wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:53 pm
^
^
^

Return to “Halo”