[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Infinite Marines using CoD molds making them taller? :s - Page 4 - Community

Infinite Marines using CoD molds making them taller? :s

Builds & Discussions
81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:56 pm
Spartanz19 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:58 pm
Zarry wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:53 pm
Eh, I couldn't care less. Whatever design choices MEGA has planned or implemented I'm on board.
^
^
^
^
^
^

Honestly, I'm perfectly okay if the Marines are closer to the COD scale. I prefer COD to Halo, honestly, and the size difference between the figures (And the seemingly lesser articulation that comes from bulky armor and smaller figs) is what made me stop collecting Halo. If the Marines are now on COD's level, I may start buying Marines again for use as futuristic soldiers.

Personally, I wish all of Mega's figures were on one scale but eh, such is life.

I came around to grunts getting a lot bigger. I'll be fine with Marines getting a little taller, I just hope SPARTANs, Sangheili/Elites, and Jiralhanae/Brutes get bumped up even taller than that.

Yan_MCX wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 pm
Hey everyone.

I encourage you to speak out if you feel strongly about the design of our products, whether it's positive or negative. Just remember not to let it turn into personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's okay to disagree.

We knew this would be a controversial decision. The difference in height is a few millimetres and it's not the first time we've had to cheat on scale a little bit. That's the challenge of doing a construction line using a system of standard parts.

This is not necessarily a permanent change. The design team is listening and already exploring other options.
If I may suggest, the destiny line can be used to make the Spartans taller. Upper arms, torso, and thighs. This takes slight modifications to the thighs to allow spartan armor but the payoff is excellent.

Just an idea the design team may want to look into.

Magnus913 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 pm
Simple alternatives can be incorporated.

-Swivel feet molds for Spartans possibly the most expensive new mold making but the simplest and a more innovated design.

-Spartan Torsos taller similar to destiny molds. Modified Destiny upper legs molds (sanded down to fit armor slots) can also help produce an even standing.

etc. In fact, lets spend the rest of this thread discussion talking about alternatives instead of complaining to be more constructive. :)

Just saw your post after my post above >.< oop

Yan_MCX wrote:
Hey everyone.

I encourage you to speak out if you feel strongly about the design of our products, whether it's positive or negative. Just remember not to let it turn into personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's okay to disagree.

We knew this would be a controversial decision. The difference in height is a few millimetres and it's not the first time we've had to cheat on scale a little bit. That's the challenge of doing a construction line using a system of standard parts.

This is not necessarily a permanent change. The design team is listening and already exploring other options.
I hope it is a permanent change. If not I'll have to cannibalize my CoD collection to make them fit, as I've already done with older-style Marines to put them shoulder-to-shoulder with the new ones. This was great! Spent more money on Halo this year than I have in the last five combined. Now if only the arms were a little longer (like the CoD arms) to make it easier to shoulder a rifle...

Honestly not a fan of this. I get this is a toy, but do remember that alot of these species such as brutes and elites basically tower over the humans by 3-4 feet. Currently we're getting marines that are taller than all these species including the spartans which doesnt really make sense. Same with the grunts, why are they so dang chunky now? It doesnt make sense since they are smaller/shorter.

Overall, i dont mind spartans/marines being around same height, but at least make elites/brutes taller than them (its not like a foot height difference in halo lore, but rather 3-4 ft as mentioned earlier, they are friggin HUGE).

rimsky wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:06 pm
Honestly not a fan of this. I get this is a toy, but do remember that alot of these species such as brutes and elites basically tower over the humans by 3-4 feet. Currently we're getting marines that are taller than all these species including the spartans which doesnt really make sense. Same with the grunts, why are they so dang chunky now? It doesnt make sense since they are smaller/shorter.

Overall, i dont mind spartans/marines being around same height, but at least make elites/brutes taller than them (its not like a foot height difference in halo lore, but rather 3-4 ft as mentioned earlier, they are friggin HUGE).
I’m down for some big elites

Honestly not too sure why they didn't think of this option originally, but the upper legs used for the assassin's creed line (and more recently, kinsano from the halo line) fit perfectly with the cod straps/accessories without making Marines taller. I really hope mega does this for future sets instead, and uses cod sized legs on brute figures to give them extra height, they need it

Yan_MCX wrote:
Hey everyone.

well then use the Pro builder series legs... if im not mistaken they are able to fit the cod leg pieces

Return to “Halo”