[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
UNSC Marine Platoon Pack - Community

UNSC Marine Platoon Pack

Builds & Discussions
Ok so I saw this image on Twitter of a figure pack called UNSC Marine Platoon Pack. It included the orange mark 7, and 5 marines. I wanted to know more details about it, is it an exclusive? How much will it be USD? Is it part of this wave of sets or is it a leaked set for the next wave? Just some general information about it would be nice.

I just saw it myself. From what little I've been able to tell, it'll be $15 USD (Suggested price; Who knows what they'll charge at retail), and I didn't see anything about it being exclusive. But this is all hearsay, so IDK.

I really hope that it is 15 Dollars. It would be a great army builder

If it's real, we'd better get a Banished equivalent.

I agree, we need a Covenant/Banished equivalent, but I'm fairly certain that the pack is real.

Yea, maybe an brute or a elite with 5 grunts

I want it to be real.
But its kinda unlikely.

Reason 1: Why would Mega toss in 3 marines that appear in other sets and a spartan that appears in another set? They've basically tossed the whole UNSC Combat Unit in there and I know that set is being fully released.
Reason 2: The marine in the white shirt. I've noticed with the new marines their upper sleeves are smooth like COD if they don't have shoulder pads. The white shirt marine has the indentations for shoulder pads but has none.
Reason 3: The battle rifles. I may be entirely wrong but it appears in the official sets they've been using this design for the battle rifle : https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/halo ... -mark-iv_1
I doubt Mega would change the battle rifle design in between the Halo Infinite lines of sets.

I may be wrong. Thats just my opinion. Thanks for reading my very long Internet Essay.

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:27 pm
I want it to be real.
But its kinda unlikely.

Reason 1: Why would Mega toss in 3 marines that appear in other sets and a spartan that appears in another set? They've basically tossed the whole UNSC Combat Unit in there and I know that set is being fully released.
Reason 2: The marine in the white shirt. I've noticed with the new marines their upper sleeves are smooth like COD if they don't have shoulder pads. The white shirt marine has the indentations for shoulder pads but has none.
Reason 3: The battle rifles. I may be entirely wrong but it appears in the official sets they've been using this design for the battle rifle : https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/halo ... -mark-iv_1
I doubt Mega would change the battle rifle design in between the Halo Infinite lines of sets.

I may be wrong. Thats just my opinion. Thanks for reading my very long Internet Essay.
Gonna try to do something here, so don't mind.
In response to Reason 1: MCX has used the MK7 for most of their sets in the 2020 lineup, other than Chief and Gungnir, as for the reuse of marines, could be to save on making new molds for female, other races, etc.

In Response to Reason 2: Could be something new they're trying out, not 100% sure yet.

In Response to Reason 3: MCX has been all over the place with the weapon molds in 2020, (Reach Shotgun and Bulldog) not to mention the old Battle Rifle is returning, so thats why they're using the old mold.

Im probably wrong, but i could be right, not sure, all i know is i want this set.

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:27 pm
Point 1 - to my understanding, the UNSC Combat Unit was a Dollar General exclusive, so it wouldn't be as widely-available as most other sets. It makes sense for Mega to include some of the figs in another set for completionists who don't have a Dollar General in their area. Especially when one of the figures in question is the only non-green Spartan to be released for the Infinite line outside of the blind bags.

Point 2 - Mega has released a bunch of sets in the past where bare-shouldered figs have indentations. It seems a little odd for this line, but it's not out of the ordinary overall. There could also possibly be spare shoulder pads in with the bag of other parts shown at the bottom of the package; clearly not all of the weapons and accessories are displayed in the front of the packaging.

Point 3 - As Silenttakedown already pointed out, Mega's been all over the place with weapons moulds this year. The leaked image also could just be a prototype, with the old BR's and turret pictured as placeholders for something else.

For point two, maybe the shoulder pieces are in the bottom of the box? Or maybe it is like Vale's shoulders...

Return to “Halo”