[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Halo 20th Anniversary pack situation - Community

Halo 20th Anniversary pack situation

Builds & Discussions
Hello MEGA's community and staff !

Quick disclamer, english isn't my native language so forgive my mistakes.

So I'm not a forum type of guy but i just wanted to express myself about the Halo 20th Anniversary pack situation that I found unhealthy right now.
This characters pack is supposed to come out this fall but we have Amazon pages up for a while now. Some people, and I believe mainly scalpers, have already been able to order one or more of this set. The big problem is : still no informations about launching date, region availability and THE big question, will MEGA produce enough of it so we can ALL have a chance to get one at retail price..
Because this is 2021 and the scalpers problem is well known by everyone. Currently a lot of people, me including xD, are constantly refreshing Amazon's page by fear of paying double or triple later or just not be able to get their hands on it. What I call an unhealthy situation ^^
I do think that this has been early small stocks (fingers crossed) and that large quantities will come later, but past has also proved the opposite.
Here in Europe (and I assume in other places around the world), prices are most of time crazy and sets are very rare to get around retail price. But it's not what stopped me so far (I spent already waaaaay to much that I can assume xD).
Frankly, if the 20th anniversary set turns out like the 2020 SDCC MasterChief collection's sell (which is almost 200$ now) I'm thinking about giving up on my collection. And from what i've seen on Reddit, others too. Aaaaaaand I don't want that to happen ^^

So MEGA, if you are reading this, please give us some news ;)
Love from France !

Same with Wave 3 masters of the universe single figures.
Because of the very limited quantitys and so far amazon US only sale, ppl go nuts and pay 100$ per figure or 400$ per 5er set.

So there are serious issues with producing, supply and distribution.

If you read older posts this a long term issue of Mega and i really wonder how hard can it be to fix it?

Mahigan117 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:27 pm
Hello MEGA's community and staff !

Quick disclamer, english isn't my native language so forgive my mistakes.

So I'm not a forum type of guy but i just wanted to express myself about the Halo 20th Anniversary pack situation that I found unhealthy right now.
This characters pack is supposed to come out this fall but we have Amazon pages up for a while now. Some people, and I believe mainly scalpers, have already been able to order one or more of this set. The big problem is : still no informations about launching date, region availability and THE big question, will MEGA produce enough of it so we can ALL have a chance to get one at retail price..
Because this is 2021 and the scalpers problem is well known by everyone. Currently a lot of people, me including xD, are constantly refreshing Amazon's page by fear of paying double or triple later or just not be able to get their hands on it. What I call an unhealthy situation ^^
I do think that this has been early small stocks (fingers crossed) and that large quantities will come later, but past has also proved the opposite.
Here in Europe (and I assume in other places around the world), prices are most of time crazy and sets are very rare to get around retail price. But it's not what stopped me so far (I spent already waaaaay to much that I can assume xD).
Frankly, if the 20th anniversary set turns out like the 2020 SDCC MasterChief collection's sell (which is almost 200$ now) I'm thinking about giving up on my collection. And from what i've seen on Reddit, others too. Aaaaaaand I don't want that to happen ^^

So MEGA, if you are reading this, please give us some news ;)
Love from France !
^^^ THIS!!! ^^^ As an American, who has also been a victim of price gauging scalpers, I am with you on this friend!

AndiBcool wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:19 am
Same with Wave 3 masters of the universe single figures.
Because of the very limited quantitys and so far amazon US only sale, ppl go nuts and pay 100$ per figure or 400$ per 5er set.

So there are serious issues with producing, supply and distribution.

If you read older posts this a long term issue of Mega and i really wonder how hard can it be to fix it?

Well I don't want to blame them for the problems they have with production, supply and distribution, even if I'm directly concerned leaving in France and be forced to buy from scalpers^^. We don't know what it is behind the scene, at least for me it's not my job, to organize worldwide distribution etc.. so yeah I pretty much have to deal with it :/

Where i'm concern is the lack of communication. Would love to get more news, like details of the sets, from them and not from leaks^^ (hopefully we got them). Or being able to know what retailers in which country will sell etc..

Vega112 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:51 pm
^^^ THIS!!! ^^^ As an American, who has also been a victim of price gauging scalpers, I am with you on this friend!
Haha thank you !^^ Felt like I might be exaggerating but it's good i'm not alone ;)

I am dearly hoping we can get an official answer. From an Ebay shop, we are under the assumption one person ordered more than 10 and had a listing for 150usd a pop. We can assume that all of Amazons were bought out majority wise by at least 1-3 people while everyone else who got one ordered were extremely lucky. It wasn't even available to purchase for more than an hour before it was listed gone.

As annoying as it is, there's nothing stopping people from buying up huge amounts of stock, and there's nothing Mega can do about it.

I say this knowing that I struggle doing it.. I don't mind paying $2 or $5 more for something I really want but I draw the line pretty quickly after that. The only way to fix this is to not buy from scalpers. They know people will pay crazy amounts for something and they get rich doing it. Why would anyone pay $100 for a $5 figure? Have people lost their minds that is insane! Let them be stuck with it and take a big loss. Eventually prices will drop after they scramble to recover some of the money they spent on unwanted items. The consumer has power to choose. I also think silence speaks volumes in this matter. It could be solved but why bother product is sold and profit is made. Just my 2 cents.

I'm gonna be honest I didn't know this was a situation I just thought stores never had enough in stock judging by how popular Halo is and the price. I should know because I use to be a cashier at Walmart and everyday after I clocked out I would check to see if anything old or new was in stock; The section had the mega construx sign above it but it wasn't until I think October or November that anything was on those shelves and they had a fair amount of sets/figures but not when it came to variety with the biggest set being Warthog Rally. Don't ask me why I didn't think people were buying and reselling them I don't know why I didn't think that. All I know is that we can't do anything about since stuff like this has been happening for a long time.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:46 am
As annoying as it is, there's nothing stopping people from buying up huge amounts of stock, and there's nothing Mega can do about it.
Just make more if there's more then people won't have to worry about stock shortages I think the prices are okay (RETAIL PRICE) but I think mega bloks made buying them more worth it and why is master chief in almost every single set its getting repetitive.

Return to “Halo”