Rule confusion

Please read all official rules before posting.
User avatar
2662
I am confused about a few rules.
Do not gang up on a specific user based on their opinion or posts, as this can constitute harassment.
what exactly does this mean?

Can I not disagree?


Be civil. Don’t attack those you disagree with.


can you tell me how attack applies here and exactly what an attack is.

Offer feedback if it’s constructive or helpful to others.
don't voice my opinions if not agreeing?

No group bullying. Ganging up on other users is not accepted. Piling on, repeating negative criticism and hammering the point are all unacceptable.

does this mean no disagreements if the post is ridiculous (like say discontinuing halo for no reason) and just ignore it?

Can you articulate 'negative criticism' because I do not quite understand what this entails.



If you could articulate and explain these rules and meaning of said rules more I'd appreciate it.


No disrespect intended just asking for some answers.



I am posting this mainly because I am concerned that I may break rules I don't understand.

User avatar
1002
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:20 pm
I am confused about a few rules.
Do not gang up on a specific user based on their opinion or posts, as this can constitute harassment.
what exactly does this mean?

Can I not disagree?


Be civil. Don’t attack those you disagree with.


can you tell me how attack applies here and exactly what an attack is.

Offer feedback if it’s constructive or helpful to others.
don't voice my opinions if not agreeing?

No group bullying. Ganging up on other users is not accepted. Piling on, repeating negative criticism and hammering the point are all unacceptable.

does this mean no disagreements if the post is ridiculous (like say discontinuing halo for no reason) and just ignore it?

Can you articulate 'negative criticism' because I do not quite understand what this entails.



If you could articulate and explain these rules and meaning of said rules more I'd appreciate it.


No disrespect intended just asking for some answers.



I am posting this mainly because I am concerned that I may break rules I don't understand.
I'm not a moderator but ill try my best.

1. If there is one person you disagree with don't gang up with other users and harass/ argue with them
2. Of you disagree with someone try to keep it cool and not harass/bully them
3. Keep your opinions on something that you dislike mild and not straight up say your photos suck, instead offer help or constructive criticism
4. Don't continuously hate or post negative things on a post if you already got your point across and repeating negative criticism. Report the post and the site mods will get to it.
Like I said I'm not a moderator but I hope I offerd Help

User avatar
227
Roebuck wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:48 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:20 pm
I am confused about a few rules.
Do not gang up on a specific user based on their opinion or posts, as this can constitute harassment.
what exactly does this mean?

Can I not disagree?


Be civil. Don’t attack those you disagree with.


can you tell me how attack applies here and exactly what an attack is.

Offer feedback if it’s constructive or helpful to others.
don't voice my opinions if not agreeing?

No group bullying. Ganging up on other users is not accepted. Piling on, repeating negative criticism and hammering the point are all unacceptable.

does this mean no disagreements if the post is ridiculous (like say discontinuing halo for no reason) and just ignore it?

Can you articulate 'negative criticism' because I do not quite understand what this entails.



If you could articulate and explain these rules and meaning of said rules more I'd appreciate it.


No disrespect intended just asking for some answers.



I am posting this mainly because I am concerned that I may break rules I don't understand.
I'm not a moderator but ill try my best.

1. If there is one person you disagree with don't gang up with other users and harass/ argue with them
2. Of you disagree with someone try to keep it cool and not harass/bully them
3. Keep your opinions on something that you dislike mild and not straight up say your photos suck, instead offer help or constructive criticism
4. Don't continuously hate or post negative things on a post if you already got your point across and repeating negative criticism. Report the post and the site mods will get to it.
Like I said I'm not a moderator but I hope I offerd Help
I don;t think it counts as ganging up though if we all disagree with what one user is saying, I'm relating this to the small "war" that happened.

User avatar
886
basicusername wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:11 pm
I don;t think it counts as ganging up though if we all disagree with what one user is saying, I'm relating this to the small "war" that happened.
This is a "it's not what you say, but how you say it" type situation.

Multiple people can disagree with a users post, we are here to share our opinions.
However, if a bunch of people don't agree and start getting nasty or overly sarcastic then it becomes problematic.

All the mods want is for us to treat each other with respect. You can disagree, just be respectful of someone else's point of view. If the user you disagree with is being rude or not respecting your opinion then report them and let the mods do the policing.

User avatar
3569
jonnyfiyve wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:23 pm
basicusername wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:11 pm
I don;t think it counts as ganging up though if we all disagree with what one user is saying, I'm relating this to the small "war" that happened.
This is a "it's not what you say, but how you say it" type situation.

Multiple people can disagree with a users post, we are here to share our opinions.
However, if a bunch of people don't agree and start getting nasty or overly sarcastic then it becomes problematic.

All the mods want is for us to treat each other with respect. You can disagree, just be respectful of someone else's point of view. If the user you disagree with is being rude or not respecting your opinion then report them and let the mods do the policing.
Rogue is posting this in response to the fact that both our replies to a thread were deleted and he got a warning.
It was quite controversial of a topic, but I stated why it was a bad idea and why it wasn't, and still got deleted.
And there was that whole event where we were quite tame compared to what YKW was saying.


Return to “Rules”