We have recently updated our Privacy Statement. Click here to review.

Dafter Things channel

General news and information related to Mega Construx
… and new Star Trek video

... and ANOTHER Star Trek stop motion.

I've posted another couple of videos.
Spiderman : Halloween Pumpkin Problems
Dorito Dip : a Halloween Story.

There are two characters in Dorito Dip. Just for fun...
Can you name where the bits came from for...
The top half of the woman? (1 pt)
The body of the man? (2 pts)
The head of the man? (3 pts)

... and a video for Remembrance/Veteran's Day posted on my Dafter Things channel.

I'm happy to use the US CoD WWII soldiers but, being British, it would have been nice to have the British (Allied) WWII set. Unfortunately, the set is not available in the UK (really very poor Mega Construx) .
Ebay has them for around £20-25 plus £10 shipping + £5 import tax. That's $45-50.
There is one set for £22 with free shipping and no import tax (which I am tempted by) so not sure why everybody else has to charge so much for shipping (unless of course it is NOT for shipping and just more profit for the greedy scalpers).
There was a set on Amazon for a mere £156 ($200).
Even if I had bought them they would have arrived late Nov to early Dec.

I finally checked out your videos, great job on all of them (that I've watch so far), if anyone hasn't watched them yet... you should.

Thank you so much.
I am (I hope) improving and using some Mega Bloks./Construx figures from the past which don't get used much in stop motions any more. Thor is being *really* difficult. He is getting old and his joints are not what they were :-)
I'm getting closer to 200 subs so if anybody fancies checking the channel out please do so.

The Future of the MCU posted.
It uses LOADS of old Mega Bloks figures. Unfortunately Iceman's head snapped off but I don't think it had moved in nearly 5 years (???)

Well that's quite a long time.

Forgot to mention my Xmas Star Trek video went up plus another Star Trek video called It's a Cracker but it might have been better titled Star Trek vs Alien
I know that's a lot of Star Trek related videos recently but I've finished my custom Batman and also managed to get the British Troop pack plus the Probuilder Viking Longship. Lots of nice new options for stop motions. :-)

After getting the WWII Allied troop set I had to use them in a video.... with tea and zombies.

Return to “General discussion”