What got you into Mega Construx?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I first got introduced to it back when the Halo sets first came out. At that time I was into the Plasmaverse line. (Throne, I miss them....)

At that time I was into the Plasmaverse line.
Totally forgot about that line. Nice reminder.

At that time I was into the Plasmaverse line.
Totally forgot about that line. Nice reminder.
Yeah, there was honestly something satisfying about collecting those dragons (or dinosaurs, robots or beasts of myth)

We're all fans of Mega Construx here. I mean, if you weren't then why would you be here? Anyway, I want to know what got you into the line. When did you start collecting and why? Or if you're one of the admins here, when did you start working for Mega?
For me I was originally interested in the old dragons line that pushed me into there competitor due to starwars. Later on when they started doing more advanced articulation with there halo brand and superior articulation, detail and scale got me to jump back as I started taking my collecting more seriously.
Pretty much the same with me!

I like the realism of MCX designs as opposed to all the "deformed" cutesy designs of so many other collectibles. Plus the reasonable price point won't bankrupt me (if I'm careful).

Community Team
What got me into Mega Construx (or Mega Bloks, as it was known at the time) is that I got a job here! I wasn't a fan before, but I got the job in part because a lot of my interests lined up (video games, collectibles, toys, etc.). When I started, the team here was getting ready to launch of the World of Warcraft line and I was blown away by the level of detail and the quality of the toys. Witnessing firsthand the creativity, passion and dedication of the toy designers here has made me a fan for life.

What got me into Mega Construx (or Mega Bloks, as it was known at the time) is that I got a job here! I wasn't a fan before, but I got the job in part because a lot of my interests lined up (video games, collectibles, toys, etc.). When I started, the team here was getting ready to launch of the World of Warcraft line and I was blown away by the level of detail and the quality of the toys. Witnessing firsthand the creativity, passion and dedication of the toy designers here has made me a fan for life.
That is actually pretty inspiring.

I think it would be cool to make stop-motions for Mega Construx some day.

Toy Designer
My story is very similar to Yan_MCX. I had always been a fan of toys and building and I bought my first Mega Bloks set when I was hired here. It was the first ProBuilder Combat Tank in 2001. I have been hooked ever since.

My story is very similar to Yan_MCX. I had always been a fan of toys and building and I bought my first Mega Bloks set when I was hired here. It was the first ProBuilder Combat Tank in 2001. I have been hooked ever since.
Wait...so did you buy the set because you were hired or did the two events just coincide?

My aunt gifted me, brother, and cousin for Christmas each a Halo Mega Blocks (as they were called back then) set. That was in 2010. The sets were 2009. So I've basically been collecting since the Halo came out. An now I have prob over 150 figs (I have not counted yet) and the number keeps increasing.

Return to “General discussion”