Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:30 am
I have been getting some questions about the 37th Combined Branches Division and how it relates to the 405th, so let me go ahead and set the record "definitively crooked" (A quote from Douglas Adams about The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy's history and story being impossible to correctly state).
1. The 37th Combined Branches Division is part of the 405th. They are the unit that the 405th formed from after the Created Uprising. They consist of UNSC Army Rangers (Halo Wars Marines), ODSTs, and Marines (Halo 3 Style Marines). Since they are part of the 405th canon, the open invite to make 405th figures also applies to them.
2. The 37th has a definitive figure type and a cohesive color scheme for each branch. See points 3, 4, and 5. Since they are essentially backstory figures from the days when the UNSC wasn't a resistance force, their armor is not cobbled together. You may see an extra knife or a pair of night vision goggles here or there, but you won't see the kitbashed weapons, pseudo cloth pieces (scarves, coats, etc), and over the top tacked on gear that my 405th figures are famous for.
3. The Marines are New Dawn/Marine Defense Marines. There are no exceptions to the color scheme. Each Marine has some kind of orange-yellow and crimson logo on their left shoulder pad (see my 37th Marine for and example). Nothing else needs to be changed if you decide to paint a figure to be in the 37th. Feel free to add fine details or weathering or whatever if you want. If you want to make a 37th Marine and don't have any New Dawn/Marine Defense Marines, you can repaint your Marine to have a similar color scheme.
4. The ODSTs can either come from the ODST Squad Ambush or the Operation Bronze Cobra Drop Pod. No exceptions (unless you paint a figure to have the same color scheme as the figures from those sets). You don't have to do anything to the ODST figures unless you are good at fine details. In that case, all of the Bronze Cobra ODSTs should have a white 37 on their left shoulder pad (the bigger one) and all of the ODST Squad Ambush ODSTs have a white 37 on the center section of their chest armor (where the ODST logo is on the Operation Bronze Cobra figures).
5. The UNSC Army Rangers are all Yankee Squad/Challenger Series Marines (Or Marines repainted in Yankee Squad/Challenger Series colors). All of them have some kind of orange-yellow and crimson logo on their left shoulder pad and a white 37 on their right shoulder pad.
6. There are no Elites/Grunts. While Elites/Grunts may be in the 405th, they never joined forces with the 37th. The 37th was way before they decided to become part of the good guys.
7. All of the interdimensional stuff in the 405th story happens after the 37th became the 405th. There are no portals and stuff with the 405th.
8. 37th vehicles do not need to be painted/custom built (although you can and I plan on making some). Any standard green/tan vehicle can be used as a 37th vehicle. Alternatively, if you decide to paint a 37th vehicle, please wait before I make one before attempting it. I have yet to decide on the color scheme for painted 37th vehicles and I don't want someone to spend all of that hard work and effort on something that they end up stripping the paint off of because they want it to match the official color scheme.
That should clear everything up, but if it doesn't, feel free to ask.