Fireteam Glory

Tell your own story!
Everyone else: *writes for the story*

Me: RICEipes, aren't those WOKy?

Hope its ok doing that. I wanted to get Delta-224 out of the base and get James out of there..

(There'll be a twist with him later..)

And quite frankly, writing at the base where scarabs are attacking would take a little too much work.
True, I’ll make some passing remark about them and continue on my merry way.

50 Pages of Fireteam Glory!!

Charlie-6 Ch. 24

Six Falcons landed around the parking lot. “Getting a little crowded,” Morgan remarked. “Yeah, hope they have room for the Pelican,” Cromwell said. The Falcons began to unload troops, including a handful of ODSTs. “Hey,” Morgan started, “aren’t those guys...uh...what’s their names?” Cromwell looked at their symbol for a moment, then responded, “Delta-227?” Morgan snapped his fingers. “Yup, that’s them! You know, I bumped into Fireteam Glory’s sniper back at Kibal, and now these guys turn up here. It’s a small Reach after all eh?”
“I guess.” Cromwell responded. They watched as the leader of the group talked to the Sergeant, and then proceeded inside. “You know. If the Covenant show up before we all clear out, we’ll need to find a way to fortify the hole in that south wall.” Morgan grunted in response. “I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.”
Nigel signaled for Cromwell to come down and join him, he then signaled Morgan to keep an eye on things. Cromwell exited the abandoned house that he and Morgan had been occupying, and crossed the street to Nigel. “Sir?” He asked. “Pelican lands in 15 minutes. I want you to help oversee evac.” Nigel ordered.
“Yes sir.”

Hope its ok doing that. I wanted to get Delta-224 out of the base and get James out of there..

And quite frankly, writing at the base where scarabs are attacking would take a little too much work.

Man, it felt just like we had hit 30...

Congrats guys

Congrats guys
Holy guac and chips. It's true. I gotta celebrate this! I'll celebrate by actually writing a part, right now!

Congrats guys
Holy guac and chips. It's true. I gotta celebrate this! I'll celebrate by actually writing a part, right now!
I’ll read it in the morning!

Fireteam Glory Part 71
Larry was staring at the ships from behind a concrete wall when he heard soldiers start to whoop and cheer. There was a new energy in everyone, and they put it to good use. Someone shouted "CHARGE!! LET'S PUSH THEM OUT SO OUR FLYBOYS CAN LAND SAFELY!!" People began to shout and holler, and many started to jump over the barriers. The Covenant seemed to be caught offguard by the sudden attack. By the time they reacted, the Marines were practically on top of them. It turned into a close-quarters brawl, with UNSC and Covie forces dueling. Slowly, the Marines began to take ground. More and more aliens fell, each fallen enemy and ally only fueled the newly lit fire in the soldiers. The Covies began to turn tail and run, but they didn't get far. Longswords shot through the sky, and destroyed the Scarabs. Marines let out more cheers as they watched one Scarab crush an entire battalion of Covies, and another fall to the ground and effectively blow itself up. Pelicans dropped fresh Scorpions off behind the retreating Covenant, cornering most of the remaining force. The tanks cannons and turrets made quick work of enemy armor, and Marines finished off the infantry. After nearly an hour of non-stop fighting, the Covenant had been pushed back. Several squads took the calm as a chance to regroup, including Glory. They gathered near a sandbag wall, and started to talk.

Santos got in the first word, completely buzzing with energy. "Ho ho, that felt good. After constantly retreating, feels good to finally have them on the run."

Ivanoff and Teresa both responded to this.
Ivanoff said, "Don't be so sure that they're running. They're more than likely regrouping for another go at us. We need to be ready."

Teresa said, "Ivanoff is right. The civilians and the wounded are going to be sent to the ships first, so we're still going to have to hold this shipyard."

Booth said something after that. "Well, at least we have tanks now. And we have those frigates. Should be easy enough to hold back another attack."

Larry shook his head. "No, it isn't going to be easy. I don't mean to sound negative, but we have no wall on our east side and took heavy losses during that fight. We can't let our guard down even slightly."

Santos responded to that with "Alright boss. We got it. Don't let your guard down and- look, they're running! We have support from three ships! It won't be an issue."

Larry looked at him, and said "That's what you think. Look, just, we still need to be ready for anything. If we aren't at our best, we're putting this entire base at stake."

Santos shrugged and looked away. Larry groaned and did the same out of frustration. Ivanoff spoke up again. "Larry makes a fair point. We shouldn't let down our guard. Get your weapons ready, I want you all to start helping with setting up new defenses in case the Covies return. Teresa, you good staying with us?" Teresa nodded. "Good. Now, let's move!" The team began walking to the perimeter, ready to face whatever the Covenant threw at them next.

Onboard the Afternoon, Delilah watched her crew work. She gave orders as necessary. She stopped one of her officers and asked him "How are evacuations coming along?" The officer looked at his pad and responded. "So far so good mam. Looks like the first civilians are being taken to Spirit right now. We'll be here another half hour at most." Delilah smiled, but her good mood didn't last long. Another officer turned in his chair to face her. "Mam, we have trouble. Looks like we have several corvettes and a cruiser closing in on our position." She wasted no time asking him, "How long until they reach us?" The man looked at his computer, and said "Looks like they'll be here in about ten minutes. Maybe less." Delilah leaned back in her chair. This was going to be bad. "Let Spirit and Greensboro know we have new hostile contacts. We need to speed up the evacuations as well."

I finally got around to it. Hope it's good, let me know if there are any big issues.

Coming soon to an area near you...

Fireteam Green attempting the impossible!

50 pages! Pop the corks!

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”