Skip to content

Gallery NOT updated

Having problems with the website or forum? Post here for help!
Gallery not updated

I made a post and it went through (seen in my projects) but it is not displayed on the gallery for some reason

We were talking about this in Gallery glitch

You mean the Airstrike post? I can see it, near the bottom of the front page. The main and 'all' Gallery options aren't loading properly, but other tags are. I recommend sorting it by the 'figures' tag, since just about everyone clicks that one.

You mean the Airstrike post? I can see it, near the bottom of the front page. The main and 'all' Gallery options aren't loading properly, but other tags are. I recommend sorting it by the 'figures' tag, since just about everyone clicks that one.
Pretty much this. They will probably have it fixed when they can.

This is actually not a glitch, and a little difficult to explain. But I will attempt....

When a page on a web site is displayed in your browser there is some code that generates that page.
The generation of this page takes some time, so to speed up the delivery of those webpages a copy of the generated page is saved. This is called a cached file.

Since the file is already generated and saved it can be sent to the browser faster, no need to wait for it to be generated.

When you upload something new to the gallery it takes some time before those cached files are replaced with the new version of those pages.

Eventually all those cached files will expire and all those pages will be up to date.

Hope this was a clear enough explanation.

This is actually not a glitch, and a little difficult to explain. But I will attempt....

When a page on a web site is displayed in your browser there is some code that generates that page.
The generation of this page takes some time, so to speed up the delivery of those webpages a copy of the generated page is saved. This is called a cached file.

Since the file is already generated and saved it can be sent to the browser faster, no need to wait for it to be generated.

When you upload something new to the gallery it takes some time before those cached files are replaced with the new version of those pages.

Eventually all those cached files will expire and all those pages will be up to date.

Hope this was a clear enough explanation.
Yep, basically the cached page isn't updating.

They are updating it just takes time, it depends on how long Mega set the cache to live for. Often it will be a few hours.
For those of you who have issues seeing the edit/delete buttons. This is because your browser is not updating to the latest file. Flushing your browser cache should work.

If you are using Chrome you can open an incognito tab and that should load the latest version.

Don't get me wrong this is definitely not "normal" and something Mega should fix ASAP.

They are updating it just takes time, it depends on how long Mega set the cache to live for. Often it will be a few hours.
For those of you who have issues seeing the edit/delete buttons. This is because your browser is not updating to the latest file. Flushing your browser cache should work.

If you are using Chrome you can open an incognito tab and that should load the latest version.

Don't get me wrong this is definitely not "normal" and something Mega should fix ASAP.
It's taken nearly 24 hours for the page to update. If you use a tag, you can see the current posts. But on the main page, it hasn't updated since yesterday.

K thanks will clear cache

Return to “Forum / Website Tech support”