Standardizing Gallery Terminology

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Can we agree on standardized terms for figures/sets/general Mega stuff. I feel that short, easy to remember terms would really make communication and offhand comments easier to understand For example:

1. Modern super articulated micro-action figure: 16 POA Figure
2. Old style figure with five ball joints: 5 POA Figure I know this term isn't accurate, but it would fit in with the 16 POA term much nicer than "Five Ball Joint Figure"

That's really all I can think of right now, but if we could make a comprehensive list of general gallery terms to use instead of the random terms we all use for the same things, it would make our posts easier to understand for new members.

Post your own standard terms below. Let's try to get an entire lexicon going here.

The only one I know is MCX stands for Mega Construx.

MAF stands for Micro Action Figure is one.

Do we really need complicated technical terms for describing figures? If I say 'old-style figs' everyone knows what I mean. You're proposed definitions also don't account for the differences between different lines of current figures - Halo and MCX Heroes are markedly different to CoD/Destiny, and Probuilder figs are a mismatched hybrid of the two.

There are plenty of people who use the gallery and not the forums, or vice-versa, and no guaruntee everyone will read this, so there's no away to get the info out and standardised for everybody.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Do we really need complicated technical terms for describing figures? If I say 'old-style figs' everyone knows what I mean. You're proposed definitions also don't account for the differences between different lines of current figures - Halo and MCX Heroes are markedly different to CoD/Destiny, and Probuilder figs are a mismatched hybrid of the two.

There are plenty of people who use the gallery and not the forums, or vice-versa, and no guaruntee everyone will read this, so there's no away to get the info out and standardised for everybody.
Nato has a point. I usually just say "old articulation figures" when referencing the old Halo articulated figures, and use "new articulation" or "super articulated" for the modern figures. These terms are pretty universal in terms of the website, since Halo is really the only line that went through an articulation change. For the rest, you can just refer to them by their line. "Destiny", "CoD", etc. I don't know how many people would decide to use this even if they did see it, and then there are those who won't see it, so it seems a bit useless to try and make a system like this.

I can see where the idea came from, and it's not a terrible idea, but I don't know if it's that important to put into effect.

Not to mention some modern articulation figures have more or less points of articulation - look at the Prometheans for less and the Ninja Turtles for more.

Elemaster wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:28 pm
look at the Prometheans for less and the Ninja Turtles for more.
Or the junior turtles line for even less.

I just say new gen and old gen figs

Return to “General discussion”