Z19's General Discussion Room

General news and information related to Mega Construx
User avatar
530
Murple wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:37 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:48 pm
Anime?! *HISSSSS*
I’m with Nigel. Anime stinks.
Why tho? What's your argument?

User avatar
1382
Cinimod64 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 pm
RedThree wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:51 pm
I've seen Pokémon and most of Season 1 of RoboTech. And an episode of Gundam Unicorn. I've wanted to watch Evangelion, but I'm not sure it's a series for me. Oh, JoJo is something that's been on my "You Should Probably At Least See It Once To See If You Like It (YSPALSIOTSIYLI)" list.
I admire the fact that you've tried animes to see if they're good for you. And I would say that JoJo's isn't for the faint of heart. There's a lot of blood and violence. Yet, the story is good, the characters are better, and there are just moments when you wanna scream HOORAH because something cool happened. I. freaking. LOVE. JoJo's. It makes me excited and happy. So I watch it.

All this said, Pokemon does not count. Or at least it shouldn't. If you want to accept it as anime, then okay. But I do not.

A good anime I'd recommend for anyone wondering(because OBVIOUSLY you need more recommendations than the bajillion you're getting) My Hero Academia is very cool. It's pretty tame for a shonen anime and still gives you those WOW moments.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Huh, my only experience with JoJo has been the memes. Anyways, yeah that sounds like something I'm cool with. I'm just on the fence about Evangelion because I hear it gets pretty weird at some point.
My Hero Academia? I heard about that one. I'll definitely put it on my YSPALSIOTSIYLI list.
Edit: And I kinda meant Indigo League for Pokémon, considering that was originally an anime in Japan. I watched the 4Kids dub of the series. That one I know for a fact is considered anime. The rest I would say are probably just American cartoons.

User avatar
1858
Please for the lucky unaware do not look up number 3.

User avatar
1351
GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:01 am
Please for the lucky unaware do not look up number 3.
Aye aye, captain!

User avatar
1351
Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 am
Cinimod64 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Murple wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:37 pm


I’m with Nigel. Anime stinks.
Why tho? What's your argument?
Hello, and welcome to Ranting Rants with Survivor11.

Today we'll be examining why I dislike Anime and Manga.

Number 1: It's all the same artstyle, can't they change it up a bit?
French comic strips (BDs) have a wide variety of different artstyles despite being classed under the same category (compare Tintin and Asterix, for example).

Number 2: very few Anime actually tell original stories.

Number 3: rule 34.

Number 4: Weebs.
I bet you’d be surprised to hear that I know who Asterix is.

User avatar
3676
Murple wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:55 am
Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 am
Cinimod64 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 pm


Why tho? What's your argument?
Hello, and welcome to Ranting Rants with Survivor11.

Today we'll be examining why I dislike Anime and Manga.

Number 1: It's all the same artstyle, can't they change it up a bit?
French comic strips (BDs) have a wide variety of different artstyles despite being classed under the same category (compare Tintin and Asterix, for example).

Number 2: very few Anime actually tell original stories.

Number 3: rule 34.

Number 4: Weebs.
I bet you’d be surprised to hear that I know who Asterix is.
I'm not, that's why I cited it.

User avatar
530
Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 am
Cinimod64 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Murple wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:37 pm


I’m with Nigel. Anime stinks.
Why tho? What's your argument?
Hello, and welcome to Ranting Rants with Survivor11.

Today we'll be examining why I dislike Anime and Manga.

Number 1: It's all the same artstyle, can't they change it up a bit?
French comic strips (BDs) have a wide variety of different artstyles despite being classed under the same category (compare Tintin and Asterix, for example).

Number 2: very few Anime actually tell original stories.

Number 3: rule 34.

Number 4: Weebs.
Hello, my name is Cinimod P. Wright and I'm here to defend anime.

Number 1. While I do agree that anime has similar artstyles at time, I can say that their artstyles do differ. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by itself has a certain artstyle at the start of the series and a pretty different one at the end. If this isn't enough, look at the animes My Hero Academia and One Piece. Not only are both shonen anime, but they also look different.

Number 2. While there are anime tropes, animes do have original stories. It's difficult in this day and age to come up with a COMPLETELY original story, seeing as most can be boiled down to the same thing. Anime adds new things to these stories.

Number 3. Not anime's fault, rule 34 applies to everything.

Number 4. Those are the fans of anime, it's not anime's fault it has weird fans. Anime itself is still good. You wouldn't hate on French comics because there are a lot of bad fans would you?

User avatar
1823
I like some anime.

My Hero Academia is really my only show I watch.

User avatar
3676
Cinimod64 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:50 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 am
Cinimod64 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 pm


Why tho? What's your argument?
Hello, and welcome to Ranting Rants with Survivor11.

Today we'll be examining why I dislike Anime and Manga.

Number 1: It's all the same artstyle, can't they change it up a bit?
French comic strips (BDs) have a wide variety of different artstyles despite being classed under the same category (compare Tintin and Asterix, for example).

Number 2: very few Anime actually tell original stories.

Number 3: rule 34.

Number 4: Weebs.
Hello, my name is Cinimod P. Wright and I'm here to defend anime.

Number 1. While I do agree that anime has similar artstyles at time, I can say that their artstyles do differ. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by itself has a certain artstyle at the start of the series and a pretty different one at the end. If this isn't enough, look at the animes My Hero Academia and One Piece. Not only are both shonen anime, but they also look different.

Number 2. While there are anime tropes, animes do have original stories. It's difficult in this day and age to come up with a COMPLETELY original story, seeing as most can be boiled down to the same thing. Anime adds new things to these stories.

Number 3. Not anime's fault, rule 34 applies to everything.

Number 4. Those are the fans of anime, it's not anime's fault it has weird fans. Anime itself is still good. You wouldn't hate on French comics because there are a lot of bad fans would you?
That's the thing, you don't have ravenous fanboys in France.

Internet culture here is very tame.

User avatar
530
The fans are not anime. They are people that like it and express themselves in ways different to yours. I repeat, it's not anime's fault they have the fans they do. Animes are created, and fans talk about it and express themselves.

Weebs are not a good enough reason to dislike anime. They aren't the thing you're watching or trying to enjoy.


Return to “General discussion”