Delete This Project?
Are you sure you want to delete this from the Gallery? This can’t be undone.
Your project has been successfully marked for removal. Please allow up to 24 hours for it disappear from all results.
About the project
I've always wanted an SPI figure either mcfarlane, mega Construx, even in-game (PLEASE 343)
After a couple of years of using the old Hellbringer flame troopers (The original mega bloks line) mixed with marine chests, etc, I finally found a combination I feel works. This is pre-uniformity. At some point I'll recolor it so everything looks more accurate
Tools: Pliers, nail clipper with metal file built in
The head is an old Hellbringer with the tubes cut off the sides and back, then filed down a little to look nicer. I used a medium sized nail file because you can get the file through other pieces of armor well
The chest and limbs are mostly from a newer Hellbringer/Flame trooper set. I think it came with a marine as well, which had 3 alternate chest armors, one of which being light grey. I used the light grey shoulders from said newer marine just to reference the grey on the actual SPI armor.
I took off the chest armor and literally filed off the entire back of the neck bomb collar (Using pliers to hold the chest armor and other tools) and filed everything around in a 360 circle from the middle of the chest armor neck hole outward for a while just so the head would fit. I then filed it more because SPI armor leaves some wiggle room.
The shoulders were bulky, too bulky, they're only supposed to look like beefy straps so I filed those down to a better scale then filed them to have a more accurate shape/contour. I filed down where they meet the back armor a lot because it portruded out a bit and needed to look smoooooth.
I might sand everything down more if I get doubles.
A real quick silver dry brush and boom, decent SPI armor
Let me know what you think and any adjustments that could make it better!