Delete This Project?
Are you sure you want to delete this from the Gallery? This can’t be undone.
Your project has been successfully marked for removal. Please allow up to 24 hours for it disappear from all results.
About the project
Step 1: right out of the box, fixed the visor outlines with a fine tip black sharpie.
Step 2: fix said issue with ODST design
Step 3: put a layer of black shoe polish over the figures after covering the visors with tape.
Step 4: a layer of brown shoe polish goes on next
Step 5: clean off excess shoe polish
Step 6: dry brush using silver spray paint and a fine paint brush.
So that's how I got the result in pic #2. The final photo is the improved version of the leg armor. In it's original form, it was very tall and square, which made it catch on the waist belt/pouches piece. When doing photography, especially outdoors, I don't want to have to fiddle with the figures for 5 or ten minutes just so they stand up. That's what was happening with the leg armor. So I used an X-Acto knife to trim it shorter and rounder and just like that, it suddenly was a very viable design. It may be less game accurate, but personally, in this case I prefer pose-ability over accuracy.